My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I didn't win

I didn't really expect to win anyhow but it might have been nice to have gotten at least one number.  Oh well...

Alumni newsletter came out today and so far, I've sold two books from my ad that appeared.  Hope it continues.

I got one of the Christmas presents I ordered in the mail today.  It's going back.  It was a book called
'642 things to draw.'  Only problem is -- every page is blank!  There are two to four blank boxes on each page with a small notation saying: draw a wrench, draw a tree, draw an elephant, etc. etc.  I thought it would be an instruction book showing you how to draw 642 things.

I went down to Swains to pick up a replacement gift and they were doing a brisk business. I found something that satisfied me  and then made my way to one of the two book stores in town.  They were busy too. I bought a Norman Rockwell calendar.  Man, but calendars have gotten expensive.  If I had money to burn, I would have bought this big ole stuffed tiger they had sitting on a shelf.  It was white with black markings and very beautiful.  $80 was more than I could afford, though.  I looked over all their little gadgets, books, and toys and then came home to take a nap.

Weatherman is irritating the hell out of me with his continual snow talk.  I wouldn't care if I didn't have travel plans but I'll figure out something.  I thought it felt like snow when I went out to get the mail this afternoon.  Course the wind was blowing and that always cools things down but there was still that "nip" where you can tell.

My nap was kind of short so I guess I'll be heading off to bed fairly early tonight.  I'd like to sit and read a while as I have four or five books that all look interesting but I tried to read the other night and promptly nodded off.  Since I've been yawning for the last hour (and it's only 6 pm) I can tell it's going to be an early to bed night for me.  I vaguely remember the times where I could read past 2 a.m. with no problem. I just finished Tom Brokaw's book, A Long Way From Home...it was a pretty good read.

Heard that an old girl friend from grade school and high school days passed away Dec. 4. Judy Bare Howe. If the roads aren't scary, I might drive into PT on Saturday for her memorial service.  Here's a picture taken several years ago when we got together (I think at my Hadlock mobile)
And that's about it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment