My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, December 27, 2013

On the other side...

Christmas Day I drove from P.A. to Renton.  The plan was I'd drive as far as the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma and then Jenni would take over 'cause I'm intimidated by on ramps onto I-5.  Actually, I'm intimidated by all freeways.  For whatever reason, though, I decided I would hang in there and drive us all the way.  Everyone was dozing up  to this point and I suspect they all got a little nervous with my announcement so they were awake and alert.  I did okay but it certainly wasn't my favorite thing to do and I doubt I could do it alone a second time.

Below are some pictures I took at Jenni's on Christmas Eve and others I took at Mary's on Christmas day......
 Jenni made me this fabulous fleece blanket for taking naps in my chair.  I just love it!
 I love this ornament on her tree -- Glenda the good witch
                             Kiss was another cute ornament
                                            this was my most favorite.
                                       This clown always gets hung every year
 Maddie is peeking through the tree when I took this one.  I called it a selfie on Facebook but she told me she photo bombed me, and that selfie wasn't the right word.  Sigh...I can't keep up.
Here's Wayne and Maddie near their tree. That old kitchen queen cupboard on the right belonged to my grandmother. I used to change my kids on it.

Prime rib dinner at Mary's on Christmas  night  (Catie on the left)
                                               Mary and Andy's  fireplace decos
This was Andy and Mary's present to themselves -- a Sing Trix  www.singtrix.com if you want to see a demo.  It's really cool.  I even sounded like a rock star on it singing my alma mater.  Well, I thought I as  good.  The twins were rolling their eyes.

Toys and phones are plugged  in all over the house
My car parked outside Andy & Mary's place


Catie sent me a picture of her new office space. They recently moved from Kirkland to Bellevue. A place called Market Leader.
Tomorrow she's going to take me to Southcenter.  I only have a couple things to buy but I suspect I'll see the sale signs and realize there's more to my list.

Yesterday I rode along with Mary and Andy while they ran errands.  Was fun to sit and watch the scenery.  They took me to Dick's Drive-in for lunch.  My first time, I think. It was okay but I think Jack in the Box was better.

Rain is coming down today and it's gray and gloomy outside.  I'm glad I'm staying in.  They have a big screen HD tv so I'm enjoying that as well.  Nothing much else to report but tomorrow...well, that's another day...stay tuned.  Or....I may even post later tonight.  I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment