My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Into PT

Got a spur of the minute invite to ride along with Mary Norton into Port Townsend so I set aside my schedule of chores and exercises and made a day of it.  Must have had fun 'cause I sure am tired tonight.
I visited with my sister for an hour while Mary visited her aunt at Victoria House.

Then we went to Don's for a burger, browsed a few shops downtown, stopped by Kai Tai to see Carol Plaster, drove thru McDonalds for an ice cream cone, stopped at Les Schwab to get Mary's tires checked and then drove home.  I decided to make a quick walk thru at Costco but only bought two items.

On the way there, my phone rang and it was the imaging dept reminding me it was a year ago today that I had a mammogram. We scheduled one for tomorrow at 2:30.  About two hours later, another lady called to remind me that I had a 2:30 appt.  (must have been a slow day)  Then the physical therapist's office called to remind me I have a session tomorrow at 11:20.  Like I could forget!

I left a couple dozen movies at Janie's apt house for their free table upstairs, and while downtown, I found a Christmas gift for my granddaughter.  We had a hard time finding a place to park but that seems to be the norm these days.

Below are the pictures I took. Already posted them on Facebook but I know a lot of people don't visit that site.
 A willow tree behind Kai Tai with the frozen swamp behind
 I saw ducks and geese walking on the ice but I'm fairly certain it wasn't frozen in the middle. At least I don't think so.
 That yellow house is my old "pink" house on San Juan Avenue.
                                      Here come the ducks

 One of the residents has a feeder set up for them
 Darlene Lindsey lives at Claridge Court where my sister lives.
 Carol Plaster is at Kai Tai while she goes through chemo sessions
 Peggy Mosher works at Don's Pharmacy now. The store really looks nice
 Lauretta Thorne plays piano for the seniors.  It was fun listening.
 Carol's husband, Pat, made her this Whoopie Goldberg hat for when she was losing her hair.
 Took this winter photo of the trees on Water and then found another at home that I took one summer.
Yesterday I got a few Christmas presents sewn and tomorrow I'll address a few cards.  Now I think I'll head for the recliner and watch Wheel of Fortune before fatigue sets in hard and I call it a day. Here's a cute picture I got in an email today.


No comments:

Post a Comment