My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Xmas Eve Day

Noon time.  Just finished lunch (a baloney sandwich) and was looking around for more.  Found a bunch of bite-size candy bars I had stashed away for a "whoever gift" and guess who "whoever" is going to be.  ME!!!

Went to my last physical therapy session until I sign up again in January.  My knee is at the 100 degree bend so I know I've made some progress.  I went to the bank to deposit some checks I'd received on the sale of my book and then decided to get the car washed.  This will probably be the last car I buy but should I get another someday, it won't be white.  Man, was it filthy!  But then I haven't washed it in ages except for a wipe down.  Washing the car must have been on a lot of people's mind because I was 7th in line and when I finished, there was still a line.  I bet they're traveling to relatives and didn't want to show up in a dirty car.  That tells me there's probably going to be traffic on the road tomorrow. Darn it! I hate traffic.

I'm not real fond of driving through those automatic car washes. I never can seem to get my wheels onto the conveyor belt thingie and I'm real intimidated once I'm in there and being pushed on through.  When I got home, I packed the car with the presents I'm taking tomorrow and looked over my to-do list of chores still left.  Feed the birds, take out the garbage, wrap a present (thank God, Maddie's showed up today), wash a load of laundry, finish my jigsaw, unload the dishwasher, and clean out the fridge. Going to have to take some of the food with me as it will only spoil (but not too much).

The neighbor next door who has cats that roam the neighborhood has been gone for a couple weeks or so.  Don't know who took her cats but my birds certainly have enjoyed having them gone.  I had half a dozen quail walking around on my deck and stopping to look in my sliding glass door.  This was after I threw some oatmeal flakes outside.

Guess I'd better get busy around here.  Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!  I'd post an old Christmas picture but it just occurred to me that I don't have one single solitary Christmas photo from my childhood.  We didn't have a camera, I guess.  That's kind of disappointing. I'd like to have a look at one of our decorated trees from back then.  As I recall, they were ones we chopped down ourselves and decorated with mostly homemade decorations.  I do have some of years past so perhaps I'll post those below....
 Cousins Linda & Jimmy with their folks, Lillian and Jim, early 60's I think
 Dad probably in the 60's on Cosgrove Street
 Susan in front of our tree in a little house in Seattle, 1966
 Madelyn and Hunter, Christmas 2000
A group of us wearing Santa hats a few years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment