My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Enduring physical therapy

First of all....thanks Peggy for telling me that physical therapy shouldn't hurt that much.  When I saw I had a comment, my first thought was: Oh dear, somebody is telling me to buck up and quit being such a baby!  I was glad it was sympathy.

I just got back from my morning appt. with her today.  She must have known I was on the edge as she was a lot gentler with me this time.  Or maybe it's because I told her I was ready to sock her last time! Ha ha  Course I wouldn't really sock her.  She could take me easy.  It still hurt but at least it was explained to me a little better about why it's so painful.  Since my therapy had to be postponed after my surgery because of the staph infection, she said I had some catching up to do and it was going to be hard at first.  I understand that but I still think it went over the top a bit on my level of being able to tolerate it.

I was all ready to have today be my last appt and to work on the exercises on my own but her notes are going to reflect that she felt I need three times a week appts and that I was opting to not do that.  I also knew this would be shared with my surgeon and I don't have any doubt in the world that she wouldn't hesitate to call me back in to have the knee manipulated while I was under anesthesia. That didn't sound all that horrible but I guess it is when you wake up again.  Not keen on going under for more manipulation so I told her I would continue with twice a week appts and up my home-exercises on my own so maybe I can get my knee to the bent degree she wants.

This isn't going to be a walk in the park, that's for sure.  I guess I should be thankful I'm not walking with a limp or having to use a cane.  I do need to spend more time on my exercise bike, walking outside, and doing the exercises as shown on the handout I was given.

I'll be glad when this cold snap passes.  I spent yesterday working on projects at the sewing machine.  Finished my lap quilt, a Xmas ornament using cross stitch, and a few other odds and ends.  I was surprised I was able to stay with it as long as I did because I usually tire within an hour and move on to something else.

I'm probably going to have to take a nap today.  For some reason, I was up every hour to pee last night, and when that happens, it's like I haven't had a good nights sleep.  I stopped at the library after my physical therapy and checked out four books and bought two at the gift store.  Also stopped at Albertson's to buy a few items and then hurried on home to try and warm up.

I think I'm going to fix a pan of fried rice for supper tonight.  Unless I talk myself out of it again.
Some days I just can't get in the mood for cooking.  Got a cute joke in my email box this morning from Linda Farina in TN....

A TOUCHING LOVE STORY
     An 80-year old woman was arrested for shoplifting. When she went
 before the judge he asked her, "What did you steal?"
     She replied, "A can of peaches."
     The judge then asked her why she had stolen the can of peaches
and she replied that she was hungry.
     The judge then asked her how many peaches were in the can.
     She replied, "6."
     The judge said, "Then I will give you 6 days in jail."
     Before the judge could conclude the trial, the woman's husband
spoke up and asked the judge if he could say something.
     The judge said, "Yes, what is it?

     The husband said, "She also stole a can of peas."

Well, guess I'd better get to work in the kitchen.  I'm tired and it's only noon.  Kind of looking forward to that nap in the recliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment