My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 7, 2013

I just love this video....




I lost my favorite black leather gloves this week.  Called a couple places I thought I might have dropped them but neither had them in their lost and found so I gave up hope.  Much to my delight, however, I spied them in a side pocket of a bag I had in the car.  Love it when that happens.

I mostly hung out around the house today.  Worked on my jigsaw puzzle for about 15 minutes, worked on a crossword puzzle, worked on a sewing project, exercised on my bike, and did some knitting while I watched another episode of Scandal.  Netflix has 29 shows offered and I'll probably finish them up tonight.  Really good writing and acting.  I found myself yelling at the tv.  Stuff like:  You're stupid!
What a slut!  Who cares?  Big deal!  You deserve each other!  And other lady like things I won't type.

I'm back to watching the birds again.  Gonna have to invest in some bird seed this week as my feeders are pretty much empty.  A flock of quail have resumed residence under my deck and they come out in force to pick in the yard and look for bugs.  Almost like I have a flock of chickens.  My birdbath has been frozen all week so I poured hot water in it today.  It immediately attracted crows.



I found a couple dozen Christmas cards from last year so I decided to write a Christmas letter and mail out a few cards afterall.  I would have liked to send to everybody in my address book but I'd need a lot more cash for stamps and the post office already gets too much of my budget.  I'll probably just write a Christmas email.

Got a check in the mail for a book today so that was a nice surprise.  Maybe I'll start advertising it again.  I think they'd make good Christmas gifts.  My cell phone has been acting up again and wouldn't let me call out today.  I switched phones (again) but if you ever try to call and just get my voicemail, it means the call didn't make it to me.  Sorry.

I wasn't going to decorate the house this year but I did end up poking around in the bins in the garage and couldn't resist taking a few into the house.  I also hung three bulbs on one of the trees in the backyard.


I found some blackberries in the freezer while I was in the garage so I have them thawing in the sink now. Think I'll make a pie tomorrow.  And that's about it for this weekend.

Get well soon wishes are going out to my pal, Ruthie, who underwent brain surgery last month and continues to recuperate at Swedish.  She'll probably be mad at me for discussing it but she can yell at me later.  If you want to send a card.... Swedish Hosp. 500 17th Ave, ROOM 501, Seattle, WA 98122




No comments:

Post a Comment