My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12-13-11

I sure am gonna miss the year 2011.  I've liked writing it and there were so many interesting combinations you could make with it through the year.  It's 7:18 a.m. and my day started way earlier than I planned.  Woke up around 4:15 or so and for whatever reason, I couldn't go back to sleep. I suppose I could have if I'd stayed put and worked at it a little harder but my head was so stuffed up, I knew getting up was probably a better option than laying horizontal.

I washed a sink of dishes, ran the washing machine for two loads, surfed the net a bit, and curled up in the reclilner to see if a nap would take hold.  Nope.  No luck there.  Got up to take a hot shower and will wait for an early afternoon  nap before the kids get home from school.

Looked over the TV lineup for today and tonight and couldn't find one single thing of interest. I do have a big collection of borrowed movies, though, so all is well.  I've got a quilt in progress on the kitchen table and will play with that this morning while listening to my audio book.

Sure is frosty white outside again this morning. I'm glad I get to stay inside. Tomorrow morning I have a doctor appt at 8:15 and I'm already dreading that drive down the hill.

Yesterday my sister-in-law showed me the very old quilt she's working on for Mary Gaboury. It's going to be a birthday present for Mary's daughter.  Really something to see. Mary's grandmother sewed all these pieces together by hand.
Lill (my sis-in-law) also machine quilts some of my blankets for me. I love the labels she puts on the back. Here's the one from the quilt I picked up yesterday.


My sister gave me this little Santa that our Aunt Velna made back in the 50's.  I have a clown she made (thanks to cousin Cindy) and I was thrilled to get this little Santa too.  It has bean bag legs.

Oh great!  Now we get to hear about Lindsay Lohan posing for Playboy.  Will the media never tire of shoving this NON NEWS down our throats!  Now they're saying we're all interested in every detail of her life.  Yeah, right!  Good Morning America just got turned off.

Here's another picture I took yesterday while visiting at Dana & Lill's place.

Happy Birthday to my niece, Edwina Forcier!

1 comment: