My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ten More Days Folks!

I ended up making yet another trip to the post office this morning.  Not Xmas presents, though; a baby gift and a book gift.  Stopped by the library to donate half a dozen books (I cleaned off my shelves yesterday) and I put in a request to see old issues of the Leader from 1961. For some reason, their microfilm boxes in the file only go through 1960.  Nobody seems to know why.

Jenni sent me an attachment of the twins' report cards. Both got straight A's. Several A+'s in fact.  Way to go!  I baked up 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies for them to take to class tomorrow.  They'll be off until January 2nd, I think.  They're going to the other gramma's house again today to help them trim their tree. Poor Sammy. He ends up sitting at the window wondering where they are.  Yesterday, even Jenni and Wayne were late so he was beside himself.
It sure is entertaining, though, to see him welcome everybody when they do show up.  I've had to keep an eye on him around the Xmas decorations this week. He likes to chew on fake candy canes and just now, he thought he'd taste that hanging cord.  I bought him a bone today but he doesn't seem to be interested in it.  Can't say that I would either.  It's a shiny plastic thing (I think) shaped like a bone.  Wish I had read about it more before purchasing. Says it's non edible but satisfies the urge to chew.  We'll see.  I had to throw away his little football from Janie because he chewed it into pieces and I didn't want him eating it!  I've bought him a pigs ear once and he promptly buried it under the steps. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to find dog treats that are made in USA. Almost non-existent.

Well, guess I'll cut this short.  Didn't get any sewing done today but I did post on my Leader blog and finished up the last of my wrapping.  I'll sit down at the sewing machine early tomorrow and finish that quilt once and for all.

And thank you to those who ordered bags from Janie. She was so excited.  (scroll to Bag Lady to read that article)

No comments:

Post a Comment