My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Daytime TV

Came across some old b/w Twilight Zone shows on the Sci-Fi Channel this afternoon. Man, are they ever fun to watch.  And so many of the stars are recognizable from other shows they've done over time. Robert Duvall, Jack Klugman, Anne Francis....  Corny as all get out but still fun.

It's gray and cloudy outside but at least it's not as cold as it's been the past few days.  Rains haven't started yet but you can tell they're close. I should go out and plant those bulbs I dug up in the front yard but I'm not quite in the mood today.  I figure I can plant them anytime, whether it's raining or not.

I had an 8:30 a.m. doctor appt this morning.  Finally broke down and relented to getting a tetanus shot.  Am hoping it doesn't cause me as much grief as that pneumonia shot I had. Much to my surprise, I'd dropped a couple of pounds.  Not sure how that happened but I wasn't going to challenge their scale.  Blood pressure reading was okay but the cholesterol and triglycerides were sky high so I agreed to go back on a statin drug.  I was taking niacin but it wasn't lowering the reading much.

Course diet and exercise is the first line of defense and I'll be riding that train until the cows come home.

I'm getting a stress test next week (just to make sure the tightness I feel in my chest now and then is sore muscles or congestion and not a bad ticker.  Haven't had one of those treadmill tests in several years.  Sure hope my sciatica isn't flaring that day.  My bone density test was okay along with the mammogram and the "fun test" so I guess I'll ease up on worrying everytime I have another achy twinge here and there.

I ran over to Walmart to pick up the new prescription but they said the wait was two hours so I called Jenni to see if she'd pick it up later. It's not as cheap as my blood presssure pills ($10 for three months) as it's running $50 for three months.  Perhaps I'll get my act together and lose some weight so I can go off the drug altogether.  That will be my new years resolution.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon working on sewing projects. Finished up a little bookmark and a 4-square wall hanging

Today I'm gonna sit and listen to another book and try to get another quilt done. I'm going to tie this one.
Yesterday Hunter noticed that my sister had sent a Xmas gift up for Sammy. He suggested we let him open it. --hee hee  Here he is looking in the box...


He really liked the little football.
 He's trying to bury the ball under the blanket in his bed
 Maddie climbed in his bed to tease him
 And here he is waiting for me to say "Okay, you can sit on my lap now"

No comments:

Post a Comment