My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, December 30, 2011

It's Winter......

Normally if I was sitting here watching the rain come down as hard as it is right now, I'd be contented and happy.  I like to watch the rain when I don't have to go out in it.  I like to watch the snow and wind too.....if I don't have to go out in it!  But today I do have to go.  The snow usually dictates (I mean ALWAYS dictates) that I stay inside no matter what but the other weather conditions just make driving a tad more annoying than usual.

I've got about an hour's drive to just over the Hood Canal Bridge.  Need to pick up the twins who have been spending the last few days with their Aunt Mary and Uncle Andy.  Having a terrific time too from the looks of the pictures I got yesterday.



I spent over two hours yesterday morning sorting through and putting away all the Xmas decorations.  I ended up with 3 bins and a box full but did manage to fill another large box for Goodwill.  It's hard to part with Christmas decorations but it was a necessary task.  I'll try to get the lights down this weekend.  The garage cleaning has moved to the bottom of my to-do list for now.  I'll pick some day in January when the mood strikes.

I sat at the sewing machine and sewed little quilt squares together most of the afternoon while listening to an audio book.  Going to take it in the car with me this morning so I'm hoping my CD player behaves better than it did last time.

Not much going on around here the last few days. Just me and Sammy hanging out. Here he is sittiing on his window perch watching eagerly for Jenni or Wayne to arrive and take him home.

I came across a news show on MSNBC last night about all the hacking and stealing done by foreign countries to our computers.  It was damn scary too!  Horror stories of how millions of dollars have already been stolen and how viruses are easily hidden to learn all our military secrets, and the electrical structure of power grids nationwide.  It went on and on givng me a headache so I went to bed.  There's just entirely too much evil out there these days.  And on that note, here's a lighter touch.... a cartoon I received in an email from Les Walden...


No comments:

Post a Comment