My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Spinning my wheels

I can't seem to get going today.  I was up by 7 a.m. and it's already 12:30.  That sometimes happens if I get sidetracked on the computer.  I saw on Facebook that a friend of mine is having a birthday so  I decided to post some old pictures of her. Course that meant I had to go searching for them.  Then I'd think of somebody else and I'd have to search for that one too.

I wanted to finish up the last of my Christmas shopping online (that can be a first class pain sometimes) but I only needed a couple items so I thought I would give it a whirl.  When I couldn't figure out the girls size to order by S,M, or L, I called the website help line.  That was a joke.  The clerk said: "How old is your granddaughter and is she slim?"  Like that's gonna help me decide!  She said her younger sister was slim so she thought I should probably get Medium.  Oh brother!

I gave my granddaughter a call to get her measurements for the pants I wanted to buy but she didn't know her height or if they had a tape measure in the house.  When I asked her her weight, I get "Just a minute!"  And off she runs to the bathroom scale.  Oh my.....

I finally just guessed on everything.  If they don't like the style or color or if they don't fit, they can take them back to a store in Southcenter and shop themselves.  The twins are staying with Mary and Andy the week following Christmas and Mary can take them to the mall for exchanges.  Gets me off the hook at any rate.  My shoppiing is now complete.  I always say that and then discover it's not quite done...but almost.

I got two Christmas cards today. One had a great picture of their kids and the other had a gift card to Burger King.  I was so happy.

It sure was nippy out this morning. I took a couple pictures of the front and back yard. The white layer is gone now and I'm thankful it wasn't the nasty white stuff.

I had a dozen plus black crows in the middle of the backyard so I ran to get my camera. (I'm hurting for photo opportunities) but by the time I returned and made my way to the window, they saw me and took off.  They sat on the wire over the alley and the roof next door. Another sat a little closer to the house and watched me through the window. Apparently they didn't want their picture taken. Ha!

I've seen this large brown bird (about the size of a crow) a couple times in my backyard but I'll be darned if I can find his picture in my bird book or online.  He has a long beak and I'm thinking maybe flicker but I'm not sure.  It's one of my goals now to find out exactly what that bird is.

Okay. Not much to yak about so I think I'll post the half dozen pictures of my friend on a separate blog post and then get myself back out to the kitchen to work on my quilt.  I picked up a half dozen audio books at the library yesterday so I'm bound to find something of interest while I sew.

Have 3 medical test appts on Wednesday but that's about it for activities this week.  I may go over to the twins' school on Tuesday night to watch them play in a concert.  Next week I'll head into Port Townsend to deliver gifts and look up some data at the Research Center.

I've really got to start thinking about investing in a newer computer. I took the time this morning to delete cookies and update, etc.  and then I get a message (just as I'm trying to check out of the shopping website) that "I'm out of memory at line 108".  Whatever the hell that means!  It won't let me continue so I turn off the computer to reboot.  I just hate it when this machine does things I don't understand.

1 comment:

  1. HI Joyce

    The New Year's photo of 1963...
    A striking resemblance between you and your
    daughter Mary @ a similar age! lcg

    ReplyDelete