My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday morning

Woke up at 5:30 a.m. (nightmare, stuffed up head, earache, headache, blah, blah, blah) so I got up to turn on the heat --temp. gauge said 34 outside- and then I crawled back under the covers for about a minute.  Decided the headache was one of those that needed me to sleep in the recliner for the rest of my dozing or get up altogether.  Or is it all together?  I never know.

I walked through the house doing my usual little chores of opening blinds, feeding the fish, brewing the coffee, booting up the computer, turning on the Xmas lights, soaking the dishes, etc.  After all that, I thought I might as well just stay up.  Fixed some hashbrowns and toast after getting dressed and curling my hair--- so I don't scare anybody too much that comes upon me today.

Hunter had asked me what the 12 days of Christmas were and I realized I didn't actually know. I thought the 12th day of Christmas was Dec. 25.  Looked it up this morning and found out I was wrong.  Interesting article, by the way so I put the link here.

http://www.crivoice.org/cy12days.html

Today I'm heading back up to the library again. Gotta return the audio books I got and get some more. None of those I got on my last trip were all that good. Sometimes it's hit or miss. Gotta order a tray of sandwiches at Subway for pick up tomorrow and think I'll make a quick run over to the bread store too. 

Kids will come with the dog after their dental appointments and I'm betting I'm going to need a nap at some point before they go home again.  5:30 is way too early to be up and about.

Here Johnny Cash & Anne Murray

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article on the 12 days of Christmas. Just got back from Iceland and they don't have a Santa Claus...they have troll children that leave gifts on the doorknobs...in our hotel, we woke up to a bag of goodies every morning. Cookies, apples, oranges, more cookies, all in hand colored bags, designed by the troll children. It was so fun seeing what was left every morning...

    ReplyDelete