My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of the year

It's 8:11 a.m. and the last day of the year looms ahead. Nothing all that interesting on my agenda but that's okay.  I can entertain myself quite easily these days.  I won't venture  out for night time partying, of course. Those days have long since passed.  Below are 8 pictures of what I have planned for my New Years weekend.......


Hunter suggested I bake cookies for the new neighbors next door so I stopped to buy chocolate chip cookie mix on the way home from picking them up yesterday. I think the ready- made mix is better than my own homemade recipe. And it's easier. I think he's hoping one of the little boys that moved in is close to his age. All  of the kids on this block are younger.

 I'm determined to stick with this crossword puzzle until it's done. I work on them while eating and those New York crosswords are way too hard sometimes.  Also have a box of quilt squares cut out and ready to start assembling.
 I plan on making this pattern called Star Stairway. Unfortunately, I'm using various colors so the squares won't look at uniform as these two...but that's alright.
 Hunter started one of my jigsaw puzzles yesterday so I'll try to spend a little time on  getting the middle filled in.
 It froze last night but hopefully it will warm up later so I can walk on the back porch without worrying about falling.  I plan to take down the outside lights whatever day Wayne and Hunter come over to fix my back gate.  Today maybe.
 I have my electric drill charging and hope to cover four dinette chairs at some point.  Some of the seats look fine but the white material shows stains and they're in need of replacement. I'm covering them with a lighthouse scene using material you can wipe down. I have a tablecloth to match.
 I'm close to finishing up this afghan and have to decide who to send it to.  It's not real big so will probably work as a baby gift.
My daughter, Sue, was given 60 movie tapes a while back and offered them to me a few days ago. They're taped from TV but most are really great flicks so I'm pleased to have them in my movie library.

The dryer just turned off so I'd best get those clothes folded and put away so I can get started on the cookies.  Hope you all have a nice weekend.  Below is a video I found while searching for Port Townsend and Port Angeles.  It's a time lapse film of driving from downtown PA to downtown PT.  I was able to slide the play button over past the boring spots but it was still interesting to sit here and watch the route I travel when I go to Townsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment