My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ending week for 2011

Boy, sure is raining hard.  I like it, though.   Just finished posting my Leader blog. 1001 words and it took me a couple of hours.  Anything to get out of housework.  Ha!

I managed to cross off a few more items on my to-do list.  Undecorating the house took the longest time and I still don't actually have things put away.  I hauled everything into the back bedroom and will sit in there tomorrow and sort through it all while sitting down.  I need to decide what is going back in bins for next year and what is going to Serenity House or the dump. 

I ended up with six bags of lights that wouldn't light and try as I did to haul them outside to the garbage can, the closest I could come to throwing them away was to put them in a garbage can in the garage that holds the hoses.  Come spring, maybe I'll be more willing to toss them. I know darn well most of those bulbs are perfectly good ones. Just couldn't make myself throw them away just yet.

I'll clean the garage once the rains have passed and I feel comfortable working out there with the door open. I'm thinking I might cover the dining room chairs tomorrow....or I might wait and see if Hunter wants to help me with the job next week.  My middle finger of my right hand had a nail break real close to the skin so it's very tender and sore and I think I need every finger tip working to get this job done.

I got a couple more Christmas cards today.  Probably around 4 dozen this year.  Love the photo cards, of course, but didn't get but one Christmas letter.  Course I didn't write one either. I suppose the Internet (and the cost of stamps) is making people rethink sending them.  I always pick my favorite card of the year once I'm putting them away at the end of December. This year's winner was from Joy Bland.  A very simple card (home made) that shows white tree limbs with embossed snow on them.  Joy's a master card maker anyhow. I've seen some of her baby announcements and they're out of this world.

Got my Visa bill yesterday. I always pay it off each month and this one is going to hurt a little bit. I suppose a lot of people are dealing with end of the year Christmas bills.  Funny thing is, I tried to be really conservative with my gift giving this year (just ask those poor folks who got presents from me) but my bill was still close to $200.

Every year I tell myself that NEXT YEAR I'm definitely going to cut back more.  I'd like for my kids to cut back too. They're very generous AND I NEED TO NIP THAT BAD HABIT IN THE BUD!   hee hee

Well, I've been sitting in this chair way too long so I'd best get moving.  Probably wouldn't hurt to run a quick vacuum although I know Sammy isn't all that fond of the noise.  I taped a Cary Grant movie this afternoon and taped the Kennedy Center honors last night so I may hunker down and watch a couple videos.

While trying to figure out what picture to use on my Leader blog, I thought about the one below. I ended up using a newer one, however.  This is my ex with our two oldest kids. Probably in 1969.  Seems like a million years ago that kids could ride in the front seat like that.

And here's Adele...She's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment