My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, December 12, 2011

On the Road

Usually whenever I'm planning a trip into PT, I'll leave in the morning so I can get back home in early afternoon.  Today, though, I woke up to a scene of jack frost that almost looked like snow.
One look at the street made me decide I wasn't about to venture out there until the sun melted some of the ice.  I left the house around 10:30 and stopped to mail off my last package. (Cookies and fudge for Mary & Dave Gaboury in Yuma)  I made my way across town and noticed frost all the way until Discovery Bay.

My first stop was at my brother, Dana's house on Four Corners Road.  He had a large pile of "like new" books he was going to donate to the library so I filled up my bag and brought them home. Mostly Stephen King and Dean Koontz but I hadn't read one of them.  I also looked over their movie collection and borrowed a huge assortment.  I was thrilled!

Lill had finished up a quilt I left with her and did her fancy work on it.  She used a better backing and batting than I had provided and the finished blanket is a work of art.  She even quilted the words: I scream for Ice Cream.

My sister came by to drop off gifts for me to take back to P.A. and to pick up some I brought. Lill took a picture on their porch of Janie, me and Dana with the dogs, Newman & Mohave.

We're a rough looking bunch, wouldn't you say?  ha ha

Janie and I drove over to our brother, Les' place on Marrowstone Island next. She had baked him an apple pie and I had a tin of cookies. Sure do love the view from his back porch.



He was limping around pretty bad. Needs an operation in the worst way as he can hardly walk sometimes. Injured his ankle in a bad car wreck back in 1982.  Here he is posiing with the neighbor dog, Molly, who thinks she belongs to Les.
Janie and I went to Chimacum Cafe for lunch. I had a really great hamburger but she didn't care for the potato salad.

Gees!  I've just killed 3 or 4 gnats buzzing around my computer. Where are they coming from? The potted plants in the bathroom?  Is the cold weather causing them to come out?  I don't get it.  Little buggers are driving me nuts.

Where was I?  Oh yeah....

I stepped in dog poop at Les' house. Tried to get it off my shoes the best I could but the tennis shoes today are full of ridges underneath and there's no way to get them really clean until you get home with a brush and a hose.  So I got to smell light aromas of poop on my shoe all the way home.  Delightful.

Stopped at Walmart to pick up my prescription. Walked all the way back to videos to see if they had Jane Fonda's workout video and was told I had to walk all the way across the store to sporting goods to see those. So I did. And of course, it wasn't there. 

I love the way Walmart fills up all the aisles EVERYWHERE so you can't get a cart down the aisle if you meet anybody at all anywhere.  I'm beginning to hate Walmart more every time I go. As I slowly pushed my aisle towards the sporting goods department, keeping an eye peeled as I passed each aisle, I got to see this guy hitch his pants up.  And of course, he didn't have underwear on.  I should have gone down that aisle and told him I didn't appreciate having to see his stupid butt and couldn't he afford a belt!  As you can tell, I was getting pretty tired by this time.  Didn't have patience for butt cracks!

Crap!  Another gnat!

I made a quick stop in Sequim to drop off cookies to two of my neighbors in Green Acres. Poor ole Charlotte who is maybe 4 feet high and 80+ years old told me her daughter just got a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.  Felt so bad for her.  She buried her folks, her husband, and a son died in a car wreck in his 20's.   She's had more than her share of heartache.

It sure is cold outside again. I'm staying home all day tomorrow. Am working on a quilt on my kitchen table.  Started listening to a great audio book by James Patterson and took one of the cassettes in my car to listen on the way to PT.  For some reason, my cassette player rejected it. It also balked at playing one of my CDs.  I suppose I'm getting ready to lose those accessories.  Doesn't matter, I guess. I never go too terribly far in that car anyhow. It's a 1999 Toyoto Avalon and has actually been the best car I've ever owned.

Still getting reports every now and then that the Facebook hacker is contacting friends and yakking them up until they figure out he's a scammer virus butthead.  I'm playing with the idea of leaving Facebook altogether.  I do like to see pictures people post but having your identity stolen isn't worth it.  Still don't understand how anyone can profit from such a maneuver.  Just have to remember, I guess, that the world is full of DUMB PEOPLE!

1 comment:

  1. This is what I do to get rid of gnats...get a small glass, put cider vinegar in it (about a couple shot glasses full) put 3 drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid and set it where you see gnats...I have several going at once, by the kitchen table, by my computer, wherever...works great! You want to change this every couple of days.

    ReplyDelete