My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, December 19, 2011

2nd batch of pictures

It's a little before 8 a.m. and I'm sitting here with my  first cup of coffee as I browse my "to-do list".  Most of the chores are just quicky little things and some are a bit 'off-the-wall.'  Like reading up on how to rid this room of pesky gnats.  Google told me to try a small bowl of wine to attract them away from the screen.  I assume that's to drown them, not get them drunk.  Course I don't have any wine in the house.  Oh, wait a minute. I might have a wine cooler on the bottom shelf of the fridge door. I wonder if that will work.

Every evening I'd find the gnats coming in and my first thought was "I must have a nest festering somewhere or maybe they're coming out of the cracks of the floor or wall."  Nothing quite so drastic, though. Apparently, they're just attracted to heat and the monitor does radiate some warmth.

I drove into Sequim yesterday morning and picked up Charlotte, a neighbor lady I had when I lived in Green Acres.  We went to Ihop.
After dropping her off, I headed back to Sequim to take advantage of a gift card I'd been holding on to months.  Man, was that ever fun!  And I still have $27 left on it.  Didn't see anybody I knew but usually I see at least one Port Townsend person.  Next I stopped at Penneys to buy a last minute Christmas gift.  Then it was over to my cousin Dale's house to park the car and ride with him into town.

Here's a few pictures I took at the birthday party for Bill Arey.

My cute cute cute cousins (Amber & Tyler Johnson and kids)


George Huntingford and Bill visiting.  Took me back in time to listen to them. Bill sounds just like his dad, Lyall, and I remember George stopping in at Lyall and Elva's house often when we were there.


I think these three are Gerald & Walter Arey and John Stroeder.


Leslie Cole and her brother, Dick Bumgarner. Two of the few people there that I recognized right off the bat.


Took this photo and the two following outside the Yacht Club as Dale and I were leaving. I thought this fireboat was pretty.


I really like this picture of my brother, sister-in-law and cousin. Having the courthouse in the background was a bonus.  Dana looks like an author, don't you think?


Judy Anglin Erickson was walking by as we were standing out there so I said hello and snapped her photo too.

I think I'll post the table photos a little later today.  None of my pictures turned out really great. I was having a bit of a problem understanding the settings on my camera (as usual).  I wish now I had taken the time to have people pose in groups more.  Usually I do that but most folks were sitting at tables or along the window and it's hard to maneuver them "politely" for pictures.

Till later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment