My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fall Planting

Winter starts next Thursday, the 22nd. By the way, if you see Barbara Shaw that day, tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

Today I'm going to do some gardening. Not a lot as it looks kinda cold out there but most times, once I decide to bite the bullet, I get into the spirit of the game and continue on with the shovel and rearranging of dirt piles.  The only thing I'm hoping to complete is getting some bulbs into pots (and the ground if I can break through the rock-like soil).  I thought about waiting until this afternoon but I don't think the sun is going to warm things up much so I might as well just head out there when I'm done typing here.

Well, that's just great!  Hit the wrong key and my blog posted with one short paragraph.  Sigh.....

Anyhow, I went to bed early last night. (8:30)  Not sure why I was so tired but I slept 12 hours!
Talk about dreamland.  Must have had classmates on my mind because I was at a reunion.  I left for some reason and when I came back, the event was over.  I also remember trying to take a group shot picture of the class of 1962.  They were all dressed in green with very odd hats on. I was getting mad because people kept getting in my way as I tried to focus my camera. I'm sure that means something.  ha ha

Gees Louise!  I just looked at my hands and they definitely are in need of better care.  I sometimes forget to keep them lotioned up but I'm always reminded once I glance down or feel them. Talk about sandpaper!

Tomorrow morning I'm heading into Sequim about 9:30 to pick up a friend in Green Acres. Am treating her to breakfast at Ihop as she's got the blues right now and needs a pick-me-up. She just learned her daughter has a nasty cancer.  I may (or may not) browse Penneys while there too.  Depends on my energy level. 

I have a gift card for Costco which I've been carrying around since September so I might stop in there and see what I can find.  Then I'm going over to my cousin Dale's house so I can ride along with him into Port Townsend.  Will have pictures to share tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you to John Ecker who found two typos in my Leader blog. I try to read them very carefully before posting but sometimes you just can't spot those little buggers. 

Well, I can't remember if I had anything to yak about today or not so I guess I'll cut this short and head out into the back yard and finish the one chore on my list today.  Think I'll start another quilt too. I've got a lot of pieces already cut out and they're calling my name.

Here's a song I sing whenever I'm out driving and somebody gets in my way...GET BACK LORETTA!

No comments:

Post a Comment