My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Better Buy some Sunblock


Oww!  Didn't notice how red my neck got until this morning when a fingernail scratched it. I really should buy sunblock; I don't know why I never remember. Just something I grew up not using.  In this day of skin cancer, you'd think I'd use a little common sense!


Gonna have to Google 'foot cramps' today.  Had a bad one on June 8th while in PT and two more last night.  A month apart doesn't seem like that big a deal but they are troublesome.  The two last night at 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. woke me up from a dead sleep and the 3 a.m. one took me quite a while to massage and exercise and shake out.  I know toe cramps and such are a common thing but these particular cramps are working their way up past my ankles to my mid shin area.  I had to pull out the walker I store under my bed just to stand up and try to walk across the room.

Went into the kitchen and downed a few swallows of tonic water but I don't know if that's helping any.  I did walk around (just a little bit) yesterday in crocks and/or socks but I usually try to always wear my tennis shoes with inserts because I know from previous problems that my feet don't tolerate wearing slippers or comfy shoes for too long.  What a damn nuisance.  Is there any part of my body that isn't going to cause me grief in my senior years?! 

The 6 a.m. cramp episode made up my mind for me about staying in bed or getting up.  At least I can take a nap during the day if the yawns begin.  Was kind of surprised to see how damp, foggy, and overcast it was this morning.  I decided to take advantage of the cool temps to get some gardening done early.  I spent an hour planting the rest of my pansies and weeding the flower pots.



I wandered down to the end of the yard to dig up some pansies I saw growing in the tall weeds and decided to take a picture of this slug in my happy face bucket.  Yeah, I know...my pictures are lame today.
I sewed a few small quilt squares together yesterday afternoon. Am thinking I might alternate these squares with plain fabric squares so the quilt will go together faster.
Campaign ads are already starting to bug me.  The local ones seem to get especially annoying early on.  I don't know how many times I have to hear Jay Inslee and Suzan DelBene run their videos but I'm  thinking I may have to play music a whole lot more.

Went looking for Sammy a while ago as he wasn't on the couch or in his bed.  For whatever reason, he's chosen the dark corner of my bedroom walk-in closet to catch a few zzz's.
Only thing on my 'to-do' list today is to clean out the junk drawer.  Then I intend to sit down at the computer and work on my book.  I suppose I better jump on the bike for a quick ride too.  I like riding my bike but I still have to push myself out the door an awful lot of the time.  I wish I had a riding partner. One who would show up at my door and say "Let's Go!"  That's not about to happen, though, so I guess I'll have to take charge on my own.

Leave  it to Beaver is on TV right now. Like Andy Griffith, The Waltons, and Little House, I never seem to get tired of watching the reruns.  Here's some pictures of Eddie Haskell, Lumpy, and Whitey with a video following that Jerry Mathers did a few years back.



No comments:

Post a Comment