My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Playing Bridge

Latest page from Fred Gwynne book:
I went out in the backyard at 7:45 am to transplant flowers before it got too hot.  My 9:30  the sweat was rolling off me and I had to quit.  Look at these for me...
I assume these are NOT bulbs that can be stuck in the ground. Right?  It was difficult getting the plant pulled and the bulbs dug.  I'm thinking I screwed up with this batch since the bulb is missing. The bulbs I did managed to get out of the ground were growing together and after I took them apart, I wasn't sure which side was up or down.  Hate it when that happens!  I got a few planted but decided I may leave the ones I have in pots alone because it was just too difficult getting them out.


I planted a few other flowers I had and then came in to clean the fish bowls. Figured as long as I was doing dirty work, might as well do it all.  Decided to move the fish jars so now I have a FISH BAR.
Yvonne and I went thru Frugals for a burger and drove down to the waterfront to eat.  Then we headed back to a fruit and vegetable stand.  I was pleased with the prices.  I got a cantalope, cherries, 2 plums, 2 bananas, a bag of apples, and a handful of tomatoes--all for under $10.

Was Googling various subjects and addresses looking for some scenes from 1963 Portland.  One a fun surfing trip that was.  Found a place called Vintage Portland wordpress.com.  Posted on my Leader blog and that's about all I got done today. 

The outfit I bought my car from just delivered a thermal cup with/lid and it was full of Hershey's kisses. Also had a red balloon.  Always fun to get candy. Cheered me up right away!

Had two more night episodes of foot cramps. They seem to be getting worse. My sister said to try bonemeal so that's next on my list. I've been drinking vinegar but it hasn't seemed to help much. I wonder (since these little cramps are all over in my feets and legs) if I'm dealing with a pinched nerve.  Hopefully, the doctor can figure out something next week.

Well, I guess I'll head into the kitchen and iron a couple pair of shorts before I start dinner. (salad and salmon)  Got a couple bananas getting dark so perhaps I'll whip up a quick banana bread too.  Tomorrow I pick Jenni up at the hospital after her gall bladder surgery. Then I'm hoping Hunter can help me transplant some more flowers.  Yvonne has some pretty yellow ones that multiply fast and the deer don't eat them.  My kind of flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment