My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, July 23, 2012

Busy around the house

Had to fast last night so I could go get blood drawn this morning. Figured I probably had a long wait so I took a book and prepared to sit for up to an hour.  Much to my delight, no one was there but me and I got right in.  Came home and started in on household chores--dishes, laundry, and yard work. Even managed to get a little writing on my book done. 

Kids came over with the dog so we pretty much just hung out all day. I got a little sewing done and they were content to play on their smart phones.  I did some surfing on the net and scanned in a few pages of one of Fred Gwynne's childrens book.  Yep! This is one of my more boring blog posts...but some days are just like that!

Did get a picture from Mary of an injury she sustained on her vacation back east with Andy's family.
They're at a condo on the Atlantic and a large wave came in and banged up her leg pretty bad. Reminds me of the leg injury she got when we vacationed in NY back in 2003.  She suffered from that injury for months afterwards.

Well, I think I'll retire to my recliner. I've got an episode of Breaking Bad to watch and another chapter of the 'Bramwell' series I'm hooked on.  Mary lent me four seasons of 'Weeds' too so I've got lots to keep me occupied.  Am lovin' Weeds.

Also need to sit down and study the owners manual on my car. I haven't really learned all the gadgets yet.  If I can remember, I'm going to share a page from Fred Gwynne's book the next few days.  I've got a second book coming too but it hasn't arrived yet.

Here's the first... Daddy says we should live in the present

No comments:

Post a Comment