My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Birthday Dinner and Beautiful Birds

Noticed the hummingbirds are very interested in the red flowers that I have in the back.  I had some of those flowers in the front too but the deer ate them. Have to remind  Hunter to help me dig that plant up and move it to the back.  These were taken through the window so they're not as clear as I'd like. I'll try to get some outside tomorrow.



A family of quail came into the front yard and I guess the mama decided her kid needed a bath.

Here's a shot I took at Appleby's in Sequim tonight. Saw my cousin, Dale and his wife, Joyce in a nearby booth.

Jenni took a picture of me and the kids as we were going back to the car.
They are so "into" their new Smart Phones.  Maddie especially.  It's quite an amazing gadget.  Takes WONDERFUL pictures.  She's putting people's photos by their phone number and she can give it a voice command to call.  She's standing by me in the kitchen and says:  Call Gramma Joyce.  Next thing I know, my phone is ringing and she's giggling.

She turned on YouTube in the car on the way home and Wayne's eyes really lit up.  He was sitting in the back with them and couldn't believe how clear and loud the videos and songs appeared.  YouTube is all Wayne likes on the Internet but he likes it a LOT!

Maddie is also excited that she can text her boyfriend in Forks now. They're texting Mary frequently when they can't figure out why something isn't working.  She's so patient with them.  Hunter is loving all the games.  It was almost like watching a new cycle in their life begin as their attention was riveted on their new little hand-held friend.

Well, tomorrow I think I'll try to stay off the computer.  Silly me.  We all know that isn't going to happen.  I do need to make an effort, though.  I want to get the windows washed and the inside of the car cleaned out.  And with that...I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment