My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 13, 2012

Crazy weather

Wow!  We don't get thunder and lightning like that much.  What a doozie the show last night was.  I got up to watch it for a bit at 3:30 and the house was shaking a bit when the thunder followed.  The sun was shining this morning even though you could tell it had rained a lot earlier.  I noticed the birdfeed I had put out was completely gone out front so I guess the deer decided he liked that kind afterall.  I noticed he also nibbled my pretty pot of pansies.  I immediately rearranged.

The pansies are now on the back deck with the other flowers and the bird feeder is gone as well.  I left one that you have to have a beak to be able to get into it.  The sky just turned dark so I suspect we're not done with the summer storm.  I had to turn the light on in here as I couldn't even see the keyboard.

Think I'll sweep and mop the kitchen and two bathrooms today.  And maybe bake a rhubarb cake. Am also playing with the idea of setting up a jigsaw puzzle. We'll see.  I have a tendency to get too many projects going at once sometimes.  My writing and sewing should be enough to occupy me.
I do know I'm overdue for cleaning up pictures on my hard drive.  Everytime I go searching for something, I'm reminded again that I need to stay on top of this deleting.

And with that, I'm off.  Might as well get that broom and mop job done  right off the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment