My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mid July

Crawled out of bed at 6 a.m. and decided I might as well stay up.  Will probably spend most of the day repeating activities of yesterday...sewing quilt squares together, reading, writing, bike riding, and deleting and sorting through pictures on my computer.  I made a pan of turkey enchilladas yesterday so at least I won't have to cook for a couple of evenings.

Got three books from Amazon yesterday and discovered I wasn't given the free shipping. I emailed them and I hadn't filled out the order correctly but...they gave me a credit anyhow. I liked that.

Started a new knitting project last night.  I've got small rolls of odds and ends and wanted to make some slippers.  Found three easy patterns online so I'll work on that at night while watching tv. Finally finished the blue sky on my farm scene counted cross stitch too so now I can get on with other colors. Unfortunately, I can see in the good light that my blue threads didn't match so my sky has three or four different shades.  Oh well, life will just have to continue.

Fun pictures I saw on Facebook yesterday include these.....

 My cousin Cindy in Gig Harbor didn't realize until she was out and about that she had two different pairs of shoes on. Hee Hee
 Jenni went out for drinks on Friday with the girls at work. It was her last day at her branch as she'll start back at her other bank on Monday. As you can tell, she knows how to have fun.  I vaguely remember when I used to act exactly like that on weekend nights.  Ha!
 Hunter and Maddie got to ride a helicopter at their Uncle Andy and Aunt Mary's house. They flew over the Space Needle and the new ferris wheel.
                              Here's another shot of a helicopter nearby.
The twins turn 12 on Wednesday. Here's Hunter blowing out his special birthday dessert at a local restaurant.  I'll pick them up at the Hood Canal bridge tomorrow.

I went down to browse the new Country Aire Store where Gottschalks used to be as I wanted to see what they had for leg cramps.  Sure is a nice looking place.  I bought a bottle of this mixture that is supposed to help. The clerk said I can bring it back for a return of my money if I'm dissatisfied.  I probably could have made the mixture myself. It has organic vinegar, ginger, and garlic. You mix it in a glass of juice or you can drink it straight from the bottle.  I'm trying to keep a detailed log this time of where the cramps/aches appear and when.  They're pretty much off and on all day from the inside top thigh to the outside ankle area on both legs.

I found a large variety of British shows on Netflix yesterday. Right now I'm into 'Bramwell'.  Was surprised that if I surfed around, there's actually a great deal more to watch than I first thought. I taped about six hours or more on the Discovery Channel yesterday so I'll have to fall back on when I get bored. Much easier to watch those shows when you can zip through the commercials with the FF button.  The only thing I'm taping today is 'Breaking Bad' on the AMC channel at 10 pm.

Well, I think I'll finish this cup of coffee and go out to ride my bike early.  I'm still only going up and down my street and around the block and down the alley but I usually get 20-30 minutes in.  My goal is to get myself out there twice a day but so far, I'm continuing to talk myself out of it.

My book is coming along slowly too.  I'm just about ready to leave the Kuhn St. house and go off to college in Port Angeles. I figure I can always come back to whatever neighborhood I want to talk about more later on down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment