My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rearranging will kill me

I rested for a little while after my weed eating adventure.  Decided I really wanted to put some pansies in the ground so I drove over to Airport Nursery to see if they had any. Walmart didn't.  They had a few and while they didn't look like spring chickens, I bought them anyhow.  Put a couple out front and will plant the rest tomorrow in a pot I have on the back deck.

After dumping a wheelbarrow full of weeds in the empty lot a block away, I thought maybe I had enough energy left to set up the bird feeders and move a couple of pots.  I worked steadily and as usual, you can't do just one thing....other stuff gets in the way and you end up doing multiple tasks.
At one point I limped into my bedroom, put an ice pack on the back of my left knee (am suspecting a Baker's Cyst although it doesn't always swell up so I don't know what's going on back there) and I told myself I had to lay down for ten minutes or I was going to fall down. 

I was so weak and spent, it was just another reminder that I can't do what I used to do.  That really irritates the hell out of me too!  I took a couple of iboprofen, threw cold water in my face, and went back outside to finish what I started.  My good intentions of only spending an hour a day on different sections doesn't seem to be working for me. 

I keep telling myself, though---at least I got some exercise today.  Surely I'll be down a pound or so on the scale tomorrow morning. Ha! Who am I kidding.  Anyhow, here's some shots I took before I crawled up the steps to come inside.




This whole area where my rose bush sits was overgrown with high weeds. I cleared some away (will do more tomorrow) and moved the bird bath to a different area as well.  I've got some strawberries and rhubarb growing in this spot but you can hardly see them because of the weeds.  It's odd how weeds can grow so quickly and multiply without even trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment