My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Well! That's off my list!


I've been playing with the idea for some time now that I wanted a newer car.  Not a thing wrong with my '99 Avalon except I wanted something a little higher and easier to get in and out of.  Plus I wanted to be sitting more upright because my legs hurt so frequently in the lower bucket seats.  I ended up with the same color but I think there's more room in the back and the seats go down for larger storage. Decided to just pay cash so I'm not having to adjust my monthly budget.

Then again, everyone is going to be adjusting their budget, I'm afraid.  With the weather being so dreadful all summer, our food prices and several other things are going to cost more.  I had a bit of  nervous stomach leaving the house this morning as I kind of knew I would probably switch cars before the day was over.  I'm glad it's over with.  I'm not going to do any more research on whether or not I paid too much.  One way or another, people are going to take money from my wallet.  If not at a car lot, then at a gas station or grocery store, or doctors office.  I keep telling myself "it's just money."

Looks like the sun has decided to come out after all.  I may go out in the back and do some weeding. I've decided I know just where I want to put those red flowers that the deer have been eating.  I got up at 1 a.m. to try and walk off a cramp I felt coming on, and as I came in here (the curtains are wide open), I saw a deer just outside the window looking for the old bird seed feeder that I had moved. I opened the window fast and yelled at him (or her) and he took off across the street.

All week I've been hunting for these three long skinny magnetic strips that I used to hold my cross stitch pattern on the metal board I use.  I took books off the shelves to shake them and hunted in every nook of the house and boxes in closets.  Yesterday, I lost a needle while sitting in the recliner and while trying to see if it had fallen in the crack, out comes my magnetic strips.  Never did find my needle.  I often lose a needle while sewing in my chair and I'm never sure how.  Eventually it will show up and I'm always surprised when that happens too.  Kind of like the missing sock in the dryer.

Watched a terrific movie last night.  I guess you'd call it a chick flick.  Great music. Starred Hugh Grant (who I think is delightful), Liam Neeson, Colin Firth (who I also love), Emma Thompson, and several others.  The title was "Love Actually."

I got a surprising email this morning.  The wife of a cousin (in Bend, OR I think) is into genealogy and sent me  birth certificate copies she got when she went to the archives in Salem. These are my dad's side of the family...
great grandfather Lewis Marion Blankenship (father of Lew Gene, my dad's dad)
and Lew Gene's sister, Elizabeth Thomason
I was thrilled to get them. I'm not sure if they'll show up here or not. Maybe if you click on them.


Well, I guess I'll go change into scrubby clothes and see about getting my hands dirty in the back yard. Going over to Jenni's tomorrow for birthday cake for the twins.

1 comment:

  1. Much better car...at least it has doors. Congratulations!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete