My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 20, 2012

Gray Friday

My back deck sure was wet this morning. Guess I slept through the heavy rain.  Flowers certainly look healthy, though, so I guess it was a good thing.  Sure glad Hunter got my grass cut yesterday.

Poor ole lawn. Sometimes it looks green and pretty; other times it looks brown and pathetic. I did manage to get  a few windows washed yesterday and Hunter helped me pop out three screens so he could hose them down.  I  knocked over a house plant (while rearranging) and the dirt that spilled onto the carpet was kind of damp.  Maddie vacuumed it up for me but I should have tried getting more of the dirt up by hand first as it made the spot worse.  Hunter took some rug shampoo and a brush to it so all's well that ends well.  I'm taking it easy today. Kids went to the other grandma's house so it's just me and Sammy hanging out.

My sister sent me a small present yesterday.  She had gone to an estate sale for the Barton sisters and bought a ring there.  I vaguely recall seeing Jean Barton wearing it but I could be wrong.  It did look familiar, at any rate, and surprisingly, it fits.
 I really like it.  The Barton Sisters were Elsie Elaine died in 2003 and Sarah Jean died in 1993. Perhaps this ring was Elsie's.  I went to a yard sale there several years ago when Jean died and I bought a blouse.  I still wear it too. It's comfortable and one of my favorites.

The twins are going to camp the last week of July at Camp David, Jr.  Jenni went there as a kid too. The camp fire girls are having a big sale this weekend to help finance camp for some of the kids. I couldn't find too much I absolutely had to have but wanted to at least buy something so I picked up two rubber duckies for my bathtub.  I already had one.  Kind of a silly purchase but I'm good at that.


I was playing with the idea of hitting some carlots in P.A. just to browse other cars and get an idea what's out there.  Just couldn't generate any enthusiasm or energy for it, though.  Traffic was terribly heavy everywhere (especially in the Safeway neighborhood) and I decided a good place for me was at home.

I'm going to sew a few quilt squares, put together a few puzzle pieces, and add a few paragraphs to my book.  I think I feel a nap coming on too.

When I was cleaning out papers and cards the other day, I came across three cards that made me laugh all over again....
Asked to pick her favorite body part, Martha picked her nose.
(now that's funny!)  Well, it's funny to me.

Another one..
I feel so bad about forgetting your birthday..I'm tempted to grab a mirror and moon myself.

And the last one...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray my youth I'll always keep. But if I've aged when I wake....
at least I'll still have birthday cake!

Okay. Time to get busy around here.  Made up some jello an hour ago and I'd better add the bananas before it gels and refuses to accept them.

No comments:

Post a Comment