My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lambs on the Lawn

Another page from Fred Gwynne's book (but I don't get this one)
It's been a nice relaxing Sunday so far.  I sat down to work on my book but as usual, I got distracted.   I was researching Portland "stuff" and one thing led to another as I surfed the Net. I did find a super website called Lost Oregon. Its a .org not .com.  The main page shows this restaurant where John and I hung out all the time in downtown Portland during 1963.  It was called The Cupboard.
I also found a picture of the Greyhound Bus Depot where Sharon and I arrived -- scared half to death that everyone was a pickpocket.  Ha!

I spent so much time looking around that I decided I'd put the writing project aside and try to move on to other projects.  Just boiled a pan of eggs but haven't decided it they're gonna be egg salad for sandwiches or chopped eggs for potato salad.

Jenni and Wayne and the kids came by to borrow my car.  The kids are heading off to camp for the week. I'm so glad Jenni borrowed it. I want my car to get lots of use and I don't go that many places.
I lent her my camera to take pictures of the kids so maybe I'll post them later or tomorrow.

I've had Pandora Music playing all morning and am tuned in to the Lacy J Dalton channel.  It's one of my favorites as several singers I've never heard of (BUT LOVE!) are featured.  Like Ginny Hawker who sang "A heart that will never break again."  I couldn't find her singing that particular song on YouTube but I did find the guys who first had a hit with it.  The Easter Brothers.  They're terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment