My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 6, 2012

Sorting and cleaning

I did manage to get the hall closet cleaned out yesterday.  Filled one box with donations, another with trash, another with stuff for the junk box in the garage, and by the time I finished, I had a good feeling of accomplishment.  I've got one old scrapbook to work on today.  It's falling apart and I need to get the pictures (those worth saving) off the frayed pages and into a photo box.  It's half done because half the pages were glued or taped on one side only.  I'll have to monkey around with the rest and see what can be saved.

I posted some of the pictures from the scrapbook on Facebook yesterday (from a calendar). I'll put a few here too. (you can click on them to enlarge)

                              kayaks at Fort Worden beach
                                Officers row at Fort Worden
                          WWII lookout tower at Fort Worden beach
                            a Port Townsend scene from the old days

                    the old Deleo Brothers building near the boat haven
                     Hetrick's Richfield gas station where Penny Saver sits now
                      aerial view of Point Hudson and Memorial Field
                      Downtown Portland, OR in the 60's

I came across this old newspaper picture of Birney's Restaurant in downtown Port Angeles (when I was a teen).  I drove down there yesterday to take a picture of the same spot...now a parking lot for Swains on 1st Avenue



I decided to ride around the neighborhood on my bike this morning. Only did 20 minutes but my plan is to do 20 minutes again this evening.  I'm definitely pedaling slow like the old lady I am but maybe I'll pick up speed if I stick with it.  Speed isn't really my goal, though. I just want to be able to pedal without it hurting so dang much!

I put in two more guesses on the Leader's 'Guess the Guest' contest.  I'm not feeling confident about any of my choices.  The clues were just a little too obscure for me.

I never did make it  to the 4th of July parade in downtown Port Angeles on Wednesday. Really sorry now I didn't try a little harder. Jenni said Sammy was in his glory and enjoyed strutting down the middle of the street just fine.  Hunter had fun too. He rode his motorized scooter. Guess the crowds were good this year.

Well, I'd best switch over to my old computer now and see about starting work on my autobiography. Am thinking I might have to take a little nap first, though. It's only 11 and I've done nothing but yawn all morning.  Had to get up much earlier than I wanted because of a cramp in my foot.  Oh, and here comes the mail lady. Think I'll go outside and see if I got anything good.

Hmmm... well, I got good and bad stuff.  Money for a book I sold, a thank you card for a photo I sent, and a medicare summary sheet.  Good lord!  $313 was charged for that cortisone shot I got in my hip in May. What a racket!

No comments:

Post a Comment