My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 27, 2012

Big Bills

Page from Fred Gwynne's book:

My sister came up and spent the night. She had an early morning dentist appt here in town.
I sat in the car reading my book while she was in there. (The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers)

Stopped at Safeway to buy Jenni some Sunny D juice and took it over so Janie could visit with Sammy.  He was happy to see her.  She planned to stop at Goodwill on the way home.

Hunter came over and we went to get a burger at Jack in the Box after browsing through Swain's. Stopped by Yvonne's to dig up some yellow flowers she was giving me to transplant. Sure glad I had Hunter along as the roots were difficult to dig.  Got them in my front yard now.
Yvonne says the deer don't eat hers and that they multiply each year.  Hunter also helped me move some pots in the back yard and plant a few bulbs there.  The corner area is looking kind of pretty now with the red flowers and I'm looking forward to the hummingbirds finding them so I can get some pictures.
I kept thinking it was Saturday all day.  It's after 4 already and the errands and gardening have worn me out.  I did manage to get some large quilt squares cut this morning so tomorrow I'll work on that as well as my book.  Wayne and Hunter brought me some strawberries from Wayne's sister's yard so perhaps I'll look for an easy recipe for shortcake.

Got a new debit card in the mail today but everytime I call the 800 number to activate the card, it rejects me.  And that about winds it up for Friday.  Looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV tonight with knitting needles in hand.  I'm such a granny.



No comments:

Post a Comment