My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sunny Tuesday

The kids ended up not coming today after all.  Maddie is staying overnight with a friend I think.  Hunter is hanging out with the other grandparents today and tomorrow.  I put Sammy in the back yard and took off early to run the errands I couldn't make yesterday.

Stopped at Les Schwab to get my tires checked for air as they looked low. They all needed a little bit.
Went to the garden end of Walmart to buy a few flowers and some bird seed. Intended to check out there and then drive the car to the food entrance a half block away.  'Course as usual, Walmart's customer service was in the toilet.  No one to check me out in the garden center. They were too busy doing their morning exercises and chants over in the middle of the clothing section.

I pushed my stuff to the ONE register that was open unless I wanted to check myself out---then I pushed my cart all the way back to the other end of the store to load in my car so I could repark. Went inside and decided spur of the minute to get a quick haircut. No one was in there so I sat right down hoping to get in and out quickly.  Not my day, though; the girl cutting was new and unsure of herself.  She'd cut a little and ask me how that felt.  I kept telling her to just cut it and we'll check later.  Sigh....

I walked around picking up a few groceries and other things on my list and then made my way home.
Decided to stop and get my lotto tickets and picked up a couple of scratch tickets while there too. I seldom buy scratch tickets but I had found a penny at Walmart and decided it was lucky.  Yeah, I know how dumb that sounds.  Ha!

I came home and changed into grubby clothes as I was determined to get some weed eating done.  I hate my weed eater as it chews up the line too fast and is a bugaboo to work with, having to stop and reload all the time.  My frustration level was rising so I hurried up and finished what I absolutely needed to and put the damn thing away!

I probably only spent an hour or so out there but it was almost too much as I was walking funny afterwards.  Came in and cleaned up, made lunch, and sat down to relax before I start round two. Gotta go out front and put some flowers in the ground and later it's back to the backyard to tidy up corners here and there. 

Think I'll scratch my tickets first and see if I'm rich....

Yeah, I'm a loser.  Two tickets. Zero wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment