My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Allergies again

Felt miserable yesterday, and it lasted all day and night.  I don't know what I'm allergic to but I'm assuming it's something blooming outside. I took what pills I could find and then managed to make myself drowsy. I was sure the bottle said non-drowsy, though,  so maybe I was just tired.  At any rate, it was a very non-productive day.  Better now but both ears (instead of just one) are ringing.  Seems odd that there isn't more data on tinnitis and what causes it and why it can't be fixed.

This is why old people (some old people anyhow) are crabby.  Way too many annoyances picking away at the body.  I went to bed at 8:30 last night and stayed in bed until almost 7 a.m. this morning.  Why, then am I yawning and thinking I need a nap?  There are some days when you can just feel yourself aging right before your eyes.  I think today is one of those.

My finance advisor from Edward Jones called this afternoon. Said there were "new rules" in place from the SEC (or somebody?) and he needed to update his portfolio on me.  Only three questions but the last one was kind of depressing.  Had to do with how many years I would be predicted to keep drawing on my investment program.  I was given choices and one was "for the duration of my lifetime."  That meant he had to fill in 16-20 years.  Good grief!  I seriously doubt I'll see 88 but stranger things have happened.  I could die tomorrow and I'd still be described as a senior citizen living to a fairly ripe old age.   Actually, I'm not all that worried about it. Especially if I have days like yesterday to put up with.   It's always been my theory that God gives us days of feeling like crap so we won't be that upset when the days are ending once and for all.

I gave my book to the printer today.  She was supposed to call me yesterday with a price and didn't. I was already in a bad mood because I didn't feel good so her lack of customer service was grating and I almost took the disk to a guy in Sequim instead.  When I went in to pick it up, she gave me a halfway decent price so I decided to leave it there.  Hopefully, it will be ready April 16.  That's what she predicted so that probably means a few days or a week later.  At any rate, it's out of my hands now and I just have to start advertising.  I'll begin that process in April.  Too tired right now.

Saw a picture of my cousin, Linda, and her husband, Kenny, that her daughter posted on Facebook.
Also got a picture from Jenni that I assume is going to be on the First Federal website since I've seen other employees there when I do my banking.  Here she is in purple.

Man, the rain sure is coming down hard right now. A couple minutes ago it was sunny. Typical spring weather, I guess.  I drove into Sequim to return a movie I borrowed from Mary Norton. We went to lunch and she lent me a 1963 calendar she had so I could scan in the picture for my blog.


I stopped at Penneys on the way home but didn't see any racks of sales at all like they usually have. I left buying nothing. Stopped at Walmart since they were having a grand opening of their new super store. Fire engines out front, clowns inside, and a band was set up to play too.  I didn't have my phone or camera on me so I wasn't able to take a picture but there were plenty of people lining up for photos with a couple of Sea Gals.  Women were putting their babies on the table between them. hee hee

I did play around with my music cassette program that transfers cassette music to my hard drive. I finally figured out how to put individual songs on there but I have to play around with it now to get rid of the poor sound.  I know there's a way you can clean them up.  I'm just thrilled I got this far as I have a lot of good music on my cassettes and now I can get them in a format where they're more easily played.

Well, off to the recliner. Maybe a little nap before the evening news will put me in a better frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment