My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, March 12, 2012

Blog comments...

If you can't think of anything nice to say, DON'T COMMENT or don't bother to read.  You know who you are, and I think I do too!


Thought for sure I'd wake up healthy this morning but no, I guess I've got a cold.  Or sinusitis at the least. Just have to let it do its thing. Thankful that it's this Monday and not next when I have a luncheon to attend in Port Townsend. Alyce Hansen asked me to take pictures. I probably would have anyhow. Ha!

Watched another ho-hum movie last night. J. Edgar totally sucked!  I found three movies to tape on Turner Classic tonight. The L-Shaped Room, Lonliness of the long distance runner, and Taste of Honey. Will also tape The Voice on NBC.  I enjoy that one but like all of them, there's way too much fluff.  Am starting to lose interest in The Amazing Race, and American Idol is wearing thin as well. So is Ax Men.

It sure is windy, wet, and nasty outside this morning. I took a picture of the sky last night as I was closing the curtains. I think they must have been storm clouds. This photo doesn't look like much but the clouds did catch my attention at the time.

Yesterday, I worked on editing my book some more. Thought I was down to inserting pictures only but nope, I've still got a lot of other things to fix.  I had over 900 pictures in this one file from my blog but I couldn't get it to open and I wondered why.  Also worried a bit because while I intended to delete the bulk of them, there were several I wanted.  At one point, I left the laptop to go do some chores and when I came back, the pictures were available.  Apparently, the computer was attempting to open them but it took a while because there were so many.  Another lesson learned on being patient.

Sat here watching the birds outside my window a few minutes ago. The crows were helping themselves to the bird seed so I went over to the window and they flew off. The nearby quail wanted their turn next.
They apparently aren't hurting for food from the looks of them.  I noticed that quail keep one bird as lookout.  He sits off to the side and makes noises. Probably telling them to go ahead and eat; the coast is clear.  Later, another bird takes his place so he can eat.  The quail and other birds didn't venture in for a snack while the crows were feeding but when the quail were eating, the robins and other little birds didn't feel threatened and they came in to eat with them.

The next round brought in a flock of these....not sure what they are, though? Does anybody know?

Yesterday the neighbor down the street was flying a kite with his sons. The wind wasn't cooperating much but I snapped a couple pictures before it took a nose dive. I'm going to have to do that with the twins. Flying kites, that is; not nose diving.

Gees, the mail lady has arrived already. Kinda hard getting used to schedules when you set the clock forward.  I may end up taking a little nap today.

1 comment:

  1. The bird your'e asking about looks like a European starling. I always hear that they are troublesome birds...I don't mind them!

    ReplyDelete