My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, March 2, 2012

Projects going strong

I looked over my blog posts in the archive yesterday to see how many I needed to cut and paste onto a word document so I could start deleting.  I have over a years' worth to work with so that's going to take a while, even doing a couple weeks each morning.  I did figure out the easiest way to go through the steps, though. I mark it for deletion and then a screen appears that is easy to work from asking me if I'm sure that's what I want to do.

I like the built-in pop up that appears to give you a chance to change your mind but I find it irritating that when I change a password on a website, I continually get an error message telling me "I changed it and to retype the new one." How long does it take for the website to accept a new password anyhow?!

Anyhow, now that I'm doing something with my blog posts, I can type away to my hearts' content complaining, whining, gossiping, etc. and know that it is my diary and I can yak about anything I want to.  As I've looked over my diary notations from 1970 to the present, I see that a big percentage of my notes had to do with body pain.  It's who I am.  ha ha ha  That's so pathetic!

My other project--writing a family history using Bob Greene's book as a guide, is going to be long term.  I may try to find his book online (half.com) so I can refer to it through the months. It's a small book (5x7 in size) with 200 pages listing questions to answer.  The beginning is stuff like: What is your name, what is your blood type, how much do you weigh (I put too much).  Later in the book, there are questions What do your grandchildren's rooms look like?  What is on the wall?  How much is gas right now? What's the biggest bargain you ever bought? Even has a section on the garage asking if you have a garage door opener, what you store out there, etc. Interesting stuff. And things I'll need to research and think about.

Just watched an interview on CBS Morning Show with Steven van Zandt.  I found myself smiling through the whole thing.  He was one of my favorite mobsters on The Sopranos and I had no idea he was in another Norwegian mobster show called Lilyhammer.  Apparently you can get the series on Netflix. I intend to look into that right away.  He plays with Bruce Springsteen and he said even though he's been a rock star for over 25 years, he's stopped constantly on the street now with people wanting to discuss The Sopranos.  I believe it too.  I love The Sopranos!

Saw Oprah on Jimmy Kimmel yesterday.  Always find Oprah interesting to watch even when she's not the host.  Wish I could afford the higher cable listings because I'd watch OWN every day, I'm sure.

Watched what I'd taped of American Idol last night.  I didn't like one song the boys did but pretty much thought the girls did good.  At least 10 of them anyhow.  Taping the show is the only way I can tolerate the fluff and commercials taking up most of the program.  I also tape Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars, The Voice, Southland, and L&O-SVU. (these last two shows can leave you reeling sometimes. Very tense)  Shows I usually watch when they're on include Wheel of Fortune, American Pickers, The Middle, Modern Family, Masterpiece Theatre and often times, Jeopardy.

I also like Storage Wars and some of the cooking and decorating and real estate shows.  Am looking forward to the return of Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Mad Men.  Or is Mad Men even coming back?  I'm not sure.  I was into 'Men of a Certain Age' but stupid people cancelled it.  I was also enjoying this quiz show where people fell through the floor.  The taxi driver from Cash Cab was the host.

I googled foot pain yesterday.  Interesting to read just how many people out there suffer with similar pain I've been experiencing.  Their complaints mirrorer mine, too, as doctors not being able to fix what is wrong.  That was comforting, somehow.  I'm going to continue to try my own inserts to see if I can find a solution.  It could be that this is something that is just plain here to stay and I'll have to learn to live with it--like the tinnitis. 

Well, I think I'll run to Serenity House and maybe even across town to Walmart.  I need items like  dishwasher detergent, clothes detergent, iboprofen, tin foil, Comet, etc.  I tried two more shops in PA yesterday looking for a simple needlepoint kit. Nobody has them so I'll have to check out the mall next time I go that direction.  (which is seldom)

Jenni and Wayne have to take Maddie to a basketball game or tournament? In Tumwater this Saturday so Sammy will stay overnight with me.  Hunter is staying as well.  He's opened up my Sixties jigsaw puzzle so we may work on that off and on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY TO ANNE MORRISON IN P.T.!   I saw some old CZ party pictures at Harry Gauthier's funeral on Saturday. One album was full of familiar faces from 1982.
I had on this bright shiny green top.  Looked like a damn Christmas ornament with boobs!

Utility truck just went back with a dozen shovels and rakes sticking up. I guess spring is close.  I may have to make another Serenity House run this morning as I can't find my wire brush I use to clean the bird baths and bird feeders.  They're in need of a cleaning real bad too.  Gunky green scum everywhere.

My AARP Bulletin arrived yesterday so I eagerly turned to the back to see what they picked for the winning essay topic last time. I had entered one but mine was no where near as good as the lady who won.  I found her on Facebook and sent her a message. Hope I hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment