My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Early Morning Rain




Gray and wet outside.  Sammy was supposed to spend the weekend with me while Jen, Wayne, and the kids went to Maddie's softball tournament in Seattle but it was rained out.  I'm trying to decide how I want to spend the next couple of days.   I finished up a wall hanging yesterday. It's okay, but I still need to learn the techniques for having no puckers in the final piece. You can see it on the bottom left. I've tried not hemming until I was done quilting "in the ditch" and I've tried hemming it first and then going back to sew within. I just can't seem to find satisfaction with my little works of art.

I spent over two hours at the library yesterday. Looked through old microfilm of PT Leaders. Two hours is about my limit. The moving screen can give you eye strain after a while.  I found and printed off a few items of interest--the wedding announcement of my mother's folks in Chimacum, some campaign data on my Uncle Lyall, birth records of my siblings, and a couple other things.  I may go back up there today.

There's a little bit of activity outside my window. Friends coming to help the neighbors move.  They're going to a house about a mile or so away until they move again to Alaska.  I think the new couple (also coast guard) will arrive next week. 

The birds are feeding regularly on the black thistleseed I have hanging in front of the window. I think I'll add a couple more feeders too.  They're the kind that the deer can't eat out of.  Hummingbird feeders will get hung around the first of May.  They're my favorites.

Happy Birthday to my pal in Yuma....Cathi White.  Here she is pictured with her daughter-in-law, son Chad, and grandkids.  The second photo was taken several years ago in the parking lot at the high school. I think we were going to a school play.  The third one I'm going to have to work with on my old scanner, I suspect, as I can't seem to brighten it up as much as I'd like. Course it is an old photo taken with an old camera.  Most likely 1982.

                              Linda Pedersen,Joanne Gilles, Cathi White, me, Sandy Ellis
Sharon Sofie, Linda McGuinness (now Wheat),  me, Mary Gaboury, Cathi White

I made up some yummy oat bran muffins yesterday. Added a banana and some berries.  I forget how easy it is to whip up good-for-you breakfast  breads.  Well, the dryer just turned off so I suppose I'd better yank out those clothes and put them away before I talk myself out of it.

Intend to spend a little time working on my family history memoir today. I think I'll come back to the parts where I want to add more researched info. Too easy to get slowed down.  Here's another photo I came across while in my "friends" picture box collection.  This was taken at Green Acres in Sequim when the Red Hats came by to pick me up.  Colorful, don't you think?
I had to laugh this morning. I had the morning news on as I got out of the shower and there was a story about teens loitering in downtown Sequim and how they piped in classical music to discourage them from staying around.  Seems they liked the music.  Which is funny but what's even funnier is when they were asked what kind of music would chase them off.  The kid said "country!"  ha ha ha


No comments:

Post a Comment