My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hanging out with Hunter

I picked up Hunter and Sammy around 11:30 this morning. We dropped Sammy off in the back yard and then we took off for Sequim.  I was looking for a folding camp stool that was cheap and yet high enough and strong enough to allow me to sit and get up again.  (no snappy maneuver these days!)  Big 5 had two very overpriced ones for $20 and $25 that still weren't exactly what I wanted.  We looked in Brown's Sporting Goods  in downtown PA on the way home but they didn't have any either.  I'll just continue to keep my eye peeled at yard sales.

We stopped in at a flea market at the Sequim Grange. Ran into Janie, Edwina, and Connie Myhre.  It wasn't the same flea market I was thinking it was. This one was mostly antiques and the prices were a bit out of my budget range.  I did pick up this Elvis record folder, however.  I used to have this record sleeve on my bedroom wall.  It didn't have the record with it and checking on ebay, this sleeve with record is bid up to almost $6 now.  Another record listed on ebay with a different code number at the top but showing the same picture is worth $700.  I probably paid what it was worth but I could have done better had I looked online first.  Lesson learned.  Hunter ended up buying a reproduction bank of a 1923 car.  He wanted to buy some Tootsie cars too but ran out of dough.

I had a little money left on a Burger King gift card so we stopped for lunch. Their chicken sandwiches were buy one, get one free so now I have tomorrow's lunch too.  We also stopped at Costco. Only bought four things so we got in and out quickly.

Hunter was telling me about this view of the straits at the end of 10th Street (our end of town) so I took a drive down there to take pictures. Took a short minute video too. Hunter says my videos are kind of nutty.  He's right. It was quite a drop down there. Hunter and I were careful not to get too cose to the edge.



 That's the Indian reservation in the distance, I think. 
 And this is Canada across the way.
Here's the parking lot that we walked across to get to the edge of the cliff.  I'll post the video at the bottom. It's about a minute long.

Off to the living room now. Hunter is spending the night and I picked up a movie at a Red Box. Hugo.


No comments:

Post a Comment