My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dinner table conversation

Maddie knows I tape most of the shows I watch so I can zip through the nonsense and commericals. They stayed for dinner and we proceeded to watch the two hour Amer. Idol from last night. I'm not that fond of Whitney Houston music or Stevie Wonder so my comments for most of the performances were "You suck!"  "You call that singing?"  "I hate this music!" Etc....  (there were maybe 3 or 4 good ones though, to be fair)

Maddie says:  Do you always talk to the tv like that?
Hunter:  Yeah, she does it with every show.
Me:  So what!  At least I know good music when I hear it.
Hunter:  You don't know any rock and roll. All you know is old country.
Me:  Are you kidding?  I was born rockin! 
Hunter:  Name one Rock and Roll song you know.
Me:  Proud Mary!
Hunter and Maddie:  hee hee ha ha guffaw...har har  etc. etc.

Me:  What's so funny?
Hunter: That isn't rock.
Me:  It certainly is.  What do you call it?
Maddie:  That's pop.
Me:  Baloney!  My rock and roll is real music.  Today's stuff is sucky!

And that's how our dinner conversation went. 

Watched a 1999 movie tonight called Mickey Blue Eyes.  Hugh Grant (who I could look at forever), James Caan, and a ton of "mobsters" from The Sopranos.  It was hilarious.

Well, it's bedtime so I guess I'll wander in there and curl up with a book for a while. Going to the movies on Sat. or Sun--The Artist.  And if it doesn't rain tomorrow, I "might" wash the car.  Or at least see if I can get the kids to help me wash it.

I didn't find a squeegie at Serenity House this afternoon but I wonder if I might have one in my trunk. I'm gonna look tomorrow. I did find an iron for $3.30 and a needlepoint kit for $1.50.  The design on it is ugly but I'll use the other side.  I cut the canvas into four smaller pieces, put masking tape around the edges and will practice sewing some litttle designs I have for counted cross stitch.  I'd seen that needlepoint kit in there the last couple of times I browsed around but didn't think it was what I wanted. It had a ton of yarn with it along with the needle so I decided it was a good buy afterall.

I also picked up a cute (yet remarkably sturdy) fly swatter....and this nice metal bowl. Always nice to have a small deep bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment