My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, March 25, 2012

And my Sunday begins....

I woke up around 5 a.m. but I knew that was way too early to be crawling out of the sack.  Went back to sleep for a couple more goofy dreams and at 6:15 (while I still realized it was early) I figured 'what the heck!'  I knew I had chores on the agenda and I was kinda lookin' forward to them.  Sometimes all it takes is to free up one wall of one room and I'm off and running to rearrange the entire house.  Obviously an obsessive-compulsive disorder but it is what it is.

I got the washing machine going, vacuumed and swept a bit, and then sat down to blog and have coffee before I start the next  round. My plan is to move this tall (and very useful) cupboard shelf from the utility porch to the kitchen.


I realized I was not using my storage space to its best advantage.  Way too many closet shelves and other little corners and nooks that I could arrange and tidy up.  That means a minimum of two days' work cleaning out three bedroom closets and one extra large closet in the hallway.

I intend to put the tall shelf here in the kitchen so I can store all my sewing supplies in it along with other odds and ends I'd like closer at hand like dishtowels and VHS tapes and whatever else strikes my fancy.  We moved the puzzle table to the living room so that freed up the long wall in the kitchen for my sewing machine and cardtable.
I'm anxious to get started but I will be taking breaks in between to edit my book and start a new Leader blog.

Mary and Andy brought back money from Costa Rica for the twins. (they both collect foreign currency & coins)  They were interesting to see and feel.  Kind of silky, in parts, like material, and probably about a third the size of our dollars.


Well, washing machine just completed its cycle so I guess I'll throw the clothes in the dryer and pull out my "slider" disks to put under the shelf for moving easily.  I do love those furniture glides.  First, though, I have to pick up a mess.  See that little red basket in the top picture on the washing machine?  Well, the spin cycle is terrible and usually rocks the house.  It dumped that basket over full of batteries and what a racket it made.

Oh...and here's a cool picture I got of Pedro & Susie Bishop Bara.  They sure look young and healthy. They must be doing something right.



No comments:

Post a Comment