My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 1, 2012

And now it's March

As if I don't have enough projects, I just thought of a new one.  I've been reading Bob Greene's book, Be True to your School, where he made a novel out of the diary he kept in 1964.  I didn't take long notes like he did but I do have pieces here and there from 1970 to today.  Plus my blog.  Like a dummy, I deleted most of my Gupster Granny posts but I "think" I have everything from This Side of the Road. At least I'm hoping so.  I intend to start a file where I cut and paste (without pictures) all the posts onto a new document so I'll have a running commentary of my days.  Which will probably put me to sleep.

Anyhow, then I can delete some of the posts.  I know there's a way to save all the pictures as well. I'm going to look around and see how that works. Could be they go straight into Google's Picasa program.  At any rate, I've got several projects in the works now so that should keep me off the streets.

Woke up kinda discouraged about my foot problem this morning.  It began to ache around dinnertime yesterday (at least more than usual--it's always achy) and the dang blasted thing continued to hurt all night long. Everytime I woke up during the night, it was hurting.  I don't know what I'm going to do about this.  I don't feel the metatarsal pads suggested by the foot doctor are working. Some days I think I'm better than others but it doesn't seem to matter if I'm on my feet all day or sitting all day. Last night I even iced it for a while to see if that would make a difference.

I'm going to start experimenting with the various inserts I have and the cushions I can fabricate of the materials I have onhand.  There are days I just sit and watch people walk and envy them.  I wonder if I'll ever walk without limping again.  Yeah, I know--Those who limp are still walking.  And I am thankful I'm still mobile.  Would be nice, though, to be able to get out and about more than I do. This has been going on for eight months, and I've altered a lot of activities I might have taken part in just because I knew being on my feet was going to be an issue.

Got up at 7, turned on GMA and Today to see what was happening and as usual, GMA lost me as soon as big mouth know-it-all Nancy Grace got the mike.  Whoever gave her license to practice law on the air anyway?!   Gag me with a spoon!  My music is on now.  And it does make me mellow out. I just love my "mix" that comes out over the tv.  Loco-motion with Little Eva just played, Johnny Cash before that.  One of the groups that shows up now and then is The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. Ever heard of them?  I hadn't but once 'The Lone Ranger' played, I took notice.  They have a  ton of music out there. I looked them up on Wikipedia.

I looked over Facebook posts (one of my usual surfing spots) and had to chuckle when I saw posts from my daughter, Jenni, and my cousin, Ilene.  They made reference to Davy Jones dying and how sad they were about it.  What made me laugh is that both of them got a reply from a Tammy...
One wrote: "Daydream believer here we come, walking down the street...."
The other wrote: "Cheer up sleepy Jen-Oh what can it mean to...(music symbols here)....

Just looked over my March calendar.  Three notations to haul the trash bins out to the alley every other Friday, four birthdays to acknowledge, have to wear green on the 17th, and go to a CZ retirement luncheon in Port Townsend on the 19th.  Now that I think about it, though, I'm pretty sure Mary, Andy, and Catie are all coming over on March 24th.  They'll spend the night even and Catie will haul the loveseat back to use in her new apartment she plans to move into next month.

My son called yesterday and says he'll take me to the ocean sometime this month or next.  YAY!  He's either going to drive here and we'll drive to LaPush or...I'll drive to Kingston, park the car overnight and he'll pick me up in Edmonds.  We'll go to the ocean on his side of the water and then I'll stay overnight at his place and return home the next day.  Either sounds good to me.

Sure lookin' like spring outside my window right now.  Yard was full of pigeons a minute ago, then robins, and across the street I noticed a lot of quail running into the scotch broom.  Oh...and now the neighborhood cat is prowling, looking for breakfast I suppose

Okay.  Time to get back to project number one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment