My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What's that white stuff out there?

If I was still working, having snow fall outside my window would set me on edge as I worried about how much we were going to get and did I have to drive in it.  Retirement, at least, lets me relax and enjoy the view.  Birds are feeding at the seeds out front and in back, Sammy is curled up in his bed, I have no housework and no errands to run, my sinusitis (I think) is in day 3 but hopefully abating, and I can sit here at my laptop all morning, if I choose to, and work on my book. Have I mentioned before that I love the retirement stage of my life?

Not much to write about today.  While cleaning out and moving files around on my laptop yesterday, I deleted Maddie's report in my word documents.  Since she had already finished it, printed it off, and carried it off to schoool, (I thought) I figured I was safe in deleting.  I also cleaned out recycle as it was full of pictures.  Well, wouldn't you know...she needed it again.  I have got to learn to not try to tidy up my hard drive all the time.  I need to make a folder for each of the twins and let their stuff sit there. 

I did research pulling back documents that you wanted after you had cleaned out recycle and a video on youtube showed me how.  Had I felt a little better, I might have been able to figure it out but I was too distracted.  Between the kids wrestling, the dog parking, the radio blaring (Hunter's music), the TV playing, and the neighbors coming and going, I was too agitated to concentrate on new computer techniques.

Boy, sometimes I see some pretty strange foot traffic wander by my window.  Two that I've noticed on a daily basis lately are these two teenagers bundled up and wearing backpacks. The kind of backpacks with sleeping gear attached. They're wearing army fatigues, walking a pit bull and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they had slept in the nearby woods.  Maybe not, though.  The homeless shelter is in this section of town. Maybe they were there.  Or anywhere. There is a field of old trailers nearby too. I wonder if they put up people.  Now I'm going to be off ease walking through those woods to get over to Jenni's house. But then, I'm already off ease walking through there. I'm such a weenie sometimes.
Okay. Back to work I go...Here's Little Richard playing for Ali.....

No comments:

Post a Comment