My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easily Distracted

One problem with wanting to be the one in charge when you own a computer is having to follow links here and there and figuring out what they're trying to tell you.  I can sit down in the morning and tell myself I'm going to do certain jobs but invariably something will pop into my head and I'll go off on a search to find out how to "fix" what I want fixed.  One thing can lead to another and I'm very easily distracted. 

Since Mary and Andy are coming over for a day at the end of the month, I've got a running list started of questions I'm hoping they can solve quick and easy. No matter how precise and simple the directions may be, if you're not understanding even the first step or where to look, it's very easy to get discouraged. Today, for example, I wanted to fix my gmail account so a bell dinged when a message comes in. I know this can be done and I wrote a very simple question in the google search to find out how to do this.

Sounds easy enough and I understand the steps they're telling me but....they said first of all "make sure gmail notifier is enabled."  I just spent way too much time trying to find out where that little bit of info is.  Finally gave up. Putting it on my list.

I was playing with the idea of buying a new recliner and seeing if my granddaughter wanted my old one.  I get all these ideas of what to buy once I see my IRS return has been deposited in my checking account.  I went to Walmart this morning and bought a few items and they got about $100 out of me.
I decided I wanted to get new glass frames so to get the prescription for the lens, I have to pay $71 to the optometrist next week. Not paid by Medicare, of course. And neither are the frames once I get that far.

Meanwhile, I'm fairly certain the double bed mattress I've moved into my bedroom is a little too soft and is contributing to the low backache I've had all week.  I think I'll pass on a recliner and go buy a firm mattress instead. Course then I'll have to figure out what to do with the mattress I'm not using. It's in halfway decent shape, I think; just not firm enough to suit me. Suggestions?

Well, I guess I'll get back to work.  I can always tell when I haven't slept that great the night before as I'm dragging the next day. I wonder if a quick nap would help. I think I'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment