My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rainy March day

Went to bed early again last night although I was able to get a little reading in this time. Felt a lot better this morning although I'd be happier if the ears weren't ringing.  Odd how my ears have become an issue with my health.  I've always had excellent hearing (still do) and seldom had earaches.  Now, I get earaches at least 4 times a week, if not more. I have a doctor appt next week with a new gal so I guess I'll quiz her about it. I'm already expecting to be advised to see a ENT guy. Did that twice already so doubt I want to walk down that road.

Spent a couple hours this morning playing around with my cassette transfer gadget.  Typed up directions step-by-step so I'm a little more comfortable with the process. Still can't seem to get the sound as good as I want; could be there's no improvement available with that old method  of recording.  I'll continue to transfer my music at any rate.  Will probably keep some of the cassettes as well.  It's hard for me to switch over to new technology. 

I hesitated going to CDs when I already had records and cassettes. Now I have lots of CDs that never get played because I have an Ipod and Pandora Music streaming over my tv set.  Yesterday I took a couple dozen CDs and put them in a disk case in the car.  I don't spend a lot of time in my car  but there are times when the radio just isn't doing it for me.

Now that my book is at the printers I have to decide what new project to begin.  I think I'll resume the memoir writing from the book I bought on ebay by Bob Greene.  That ought to keep me occupied for months.  Plus it will give me an excuse to get back into genealogy.  I don't really need an excuse, though. I had intended signing up as soon as the latest census became available. Google says it's 9 a.m. on April 2.  Gonna have to rearrange my priorities with my budget.  I can always cut down on lotto tickets and we all know that would be a good idea.  (I am buying a Mega for Friday's drawing, however)

Here's a picture my cousin, Marlee, took while on her daily walk in Gig Harbor.


Some mornings the news just seems to be more sickening than others.  Everyday we're told of another gruesome and senseless murder.  What happens to people mentally when they turn evil and do unspeakable things to others?  Something in the brain?  DNA malfunction? Or is it something as simple (or complex) as the Devil?  I know.  Some people would say that's nonsense but then again, how else can you explain the increase we see on bad things happening over and over?  Are humans just basically flawed?  Granted, we've had evil from the beginning of time and nothing has changed..except maybe our communication technology to share the horrible news with the world quickly and graphically.

And if I was to be honest, there are plenty of stories that leave me so angry, my first reaction is: If that was my kid or my friend or my neighbor---I would  find a way to take that animal out.  Yeah, there goes my instinct to want to kill.  I suppose most of us have that instinct deep down somewhere. Some screwballs just have it floating around  closer  to the surface. 

Well, this is getting way too intense.  Think I'll see about those memoirs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment