My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Should I be worried? Maybe.

I posted over 50 pictures on Facebook yesterday and struggled to come up with the names. Thank you Mary!  Granted I was tired but still....I discovered this morning that I identified someone I KNOW VERY WELL with a previous name she had; not the one she carries now and that I'm very aware she carries now.  I've since fixed Graham to Spear BUT  it is worrisome to me that my brain cells are slowly dying.  I know most everyone loses memory with age and I've accepted that but every now and then I'm reminded up close and personal that it's happening to me. Sigh....

Opened up my curtains this morning (rain again!) but I was dismayed to see this....



I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised. It did happen last year when I put the seeds out front but I thought they had been attracted to the black sunflower seeds, not these wild bird yellow seeds.  Dang! And I was so enjoying watching the birds feed as I sat at my computer.  I will hang the hummingbird feeders here, however.  I wonder how long before I can do that.  I love to see the hummingbirds.

I'll move the feeders this afternoon back to where I had them in the back yard.  Since I've decided to move my sewing stuff back to the kitchen next week, I can always observe them as I'm seated there by the sliding glass door.


Just grabbed some canned goods out of the pantry to make Chinese food for dinner tonight. Haven't had that in ages.  Nothing fancy. Just canned chop suey, canned water chestnuts, and canned vegetables.  Will probably fry up some beef chunks and make a dab of rice as well.  Ought to be able to eat on that for three days.

The rain continues to fall but it is spring time and I'll take the wet stuff over the white flakes. And I'm definitely happy we don't contend with tornadoes and floods the way other parts of the country do.  I'll have to head out in a couple of hours, rain or not.  Need to pick up all the reprints of the luncheon yesterday so I can mail them off to Alyce Hansen who likes to send copies to everyone. I also have an optometrist appt to get a prescription for new glasses.   I may wait to get the frames as the exam alone is costing me $71.  And that's not even considered a "real" exam. It's just to get the numbers needed.  I'm wondering about this whole routine.  I thought you could get new frames by just using the lens already in your glasses. I'll have to check on that.  $71 isn't chicken feed!

Well, I'd best get moving.  The  one icky job I have today is to clean the two fish bowls. The goldfish I've had in the past always died before too long but these bettas just keep going and going.  Whenever I have a hard time seeing them in the large gallon jars I keep them in, I figure it's time to change the water.  Has to be stressful for them but they always manage to survive.




No comments:

Post a Comment