My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, March 24, 2012

New steps

The whole gang went to Hunger Games last night. Mary, Andy, Jen, Wayne, Hunter, Maddie, and Catie. I stayed home with the dog.  The movie house was full of "tweeners". Maddie left her family group to sit with friends.  They all said the movie was good.  Makes me wish even more that I could write a best selling novel and have it turned into a movie.  One way or another, I wanna' be rich.  I meant to buy Mega tickets a couple days ago but when I got home, I realized the clerk had sold me Lotto tickets instead.  I'll win on those tonight perhaps.  Or not.

Mary sat down and helped me with various computer things I was hung up on.  Think we figured out how to transfer my music cassette music to my hard drive so I can transfer to Itunes and then burn disks from there. Still have some homework to do on the settings but I think it's similar to the turntable program where I moved my LP albums to my hard drive.  All in good time.

I was also having problems moving music on Itunes over to my Ipod shuffle.  Kept blocking me and I'd never experienced that before. Once Mary followed a prompt to erase the music and sync with another library, we found the Shuffle was "too outdated" to operate with this newer laptop.  Had the same problem with my old printer and scanner.  I use my old computer (so glad I kept it) to do the scanning when I don't like the output the new scanner has given me.

Anyhow, my old music library was still on my old computer so I was able to plug my shuffle in there and put about 98 songs on it.  I also have an Ipod Touch which I was reminded is newer and better when listening to music on the go.  Mary had to help me with the settings on that toy as well.

It's 9 a.m. Andy is still in bed so I talked Mary into sitting down with me at the computer to help me on my "how do I do this? list."  Amazing how easily she can work out the bugs.  She's thinking of getting a laptop just like mine.

Well, think I'll post more a little later.  Want to add before and after pictures of my steps.  Neighbors next door are in the process of moving today.

4:30 pm:  The sun was out shining all day but it was still kinda cold.  Andy, Wayne, and Hunter worked on making me a set of steps for the side of the porch in back.  They did an awesome job too!
Here's some before and along the way and after shots....

                                                     The "before" picture of my steps.
                                                          How should we do this?
                                               Hey!  I even got a handrail now!  I promise I won't fall.
                                                              Jenni and Sammy supervising
                                                           Those are lookin' good
                                                   Handy Andy, the carpenter man!
                                        Catie taking my brown loveseat for her new apartment.
                                            Hunter is determined to finish that 1000-pc puzzle today.
                                                   And here it is! Now we can start a new one.








No comments:

Post a Comment