My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mid week of March

Woke up a little after 6 and I felt halfway decent, for a change. Perhaps because I didn't sleep well the night before last, I was able to do better last night.  Whatever the reason, I'll take it.  I decided to get up a little earlier and begin my day.  I don't have too many chores today.  Might run the washer; might not. I do intend to get some sewing done, and need to edit the book, of course.  Actually looking forward to that as I'm into the picture end of it.

Jenni has a board meeting tonight so the twins will stay for dinner. Let's see...what can I fix that they don't like?  Just about anything. At least as far as Maddie is concerned.  I had taken a can of salmon out of the pantry to make salmon loaf. I don't think either of them like it so perhaps I'll whip up some mac and cheese for them.

Bright afternoon sun has been reminding me that I need to wash the windows.  It's not that big a problem, really, as the windows are across the back. Sliding glass door, living room, and my bedroom.



And that's it--unless I want to wash the one front window here in this room.  It does need it too. Sammy's nose is along the bottom. Maybe I can talk Hunter into helping me do the outside by standing on the step stool. 

I really need a better window washing tool.  Think I'll run down to Serenity House and browse around their outdoor shed that holds any number of odds and ends.  Could probably stand to buy a second iron too so that I have one in the sewing room and the bedroom.  The sewing room is on the other side of the house now and having all the tools I need there makes more sense.

I've been sewing red hearts onto white squares and today I think I'll sew the larger red squares by machine to see if it works just as well.


The alternate squares will be various colors of 9-squares to make one square this size. If that makes sense. I probably will switch back to the kitchen corner for sewing eventually but I'll give this back bedroom a tryout for a while to see how it works.  The corner kitchen has become the jigsaw puzzle area. Hunter and I are working on "the sixties" right now. It's a big one.

The weather looks pretty good today. I think I'll pull the bike out and do a few runs up and down the street.  The coast guard couple next door continue to prepare for their move. They're going to Alaska but not until June (I think).  Meanwhile, the other coast guard couple coming in who are buying (maybe renting) their house are due in April so my neighbors are preparing to move to an apartment here in PA and will then have to move a second time.  Sure glad it's not me. What a chore.

Happy Birthday yesterday to my ex-brother-in-law, Don Baldridge, down in Newark, CA. He was always a big favorite of mine and I'm glad we've continued to stay in touch.  I like him better than his older brother. hee hee

1 comment:

  1. Window washing tip......you have to have a really good squeegee. Then, I use windshield washer fluid! Pour a little into a bucket, mop it on the windows, and then squeegee it off. Works like a charm!!!!

    ReplyDelete