My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, January 22, 2012

4th week of January begins

I sure feel sorry for all those folks having extended power outages. I went through a week-long siege of that several years ago in PT and it was horrible!  As much as I appreciate not having wood heat, there is a lot to be said for it. Hmmm...maybe I'll write about that on my next Leader blog.

Yesterday I managed to push myself away from the computer and concentrate on other areas of my life. Did an hour or so of sewing, worked on a crossword puzzle, fixed supper, and then plopped myself in the recliner for a night of tv watching and cross stitch. Yep!  I'm a granny, that's for sure.

I have a few crossword puzzle books that I've been working on over time (usually while I eat) but there are times when it gets discouraging to be reminded of how much I don't know.  I like the NY Times book as the pages tear out and the print is large enough so I don't have to squint. But....the clues are difficult and I have to refer to a dictionary often.  Some of the clues are so tough, even a dictionary is no help. You either know it or you don't.  I mostly don't.  I did discover I could go to google and type in the clue but I might as well just look at the answers in the back of the magazine because google brings up that exact puzzle while helping me.  Still amazes me how computers have all that info.  I'm going to buy some AARP crossword puzzle books the next time I'm at a mall. Or maybe I'll look online for them.  I bought a "movies" one a few months ago and the clues were just right. Not too easy; not too hard.  I went through that  book quickly and was looking for more. I know they had other catergories.

I wish I could go to bed every night and just fall asleep until morning.  What a pleasure that would be. I'm up and down or at least turning over CONSTANTLY.  I lay on one side and my fingers go to sleep or my shoulders hurt or my ears or nose get plugged up. I turn to the other side and we go through the same routine.  It's no wonder I feel like I've been run over when I finally crawl out of bed each morning.  Everything aches and I wonder "will I ever feel rested and peppy upon awakening again?"  Sigh.....

I sat in my recliner last night too tired to get up and go to bed.  I did come across a show on FX that I'd never heard of before and it had me laughing out loud.  I saw another episode was following so I decided to tape them and watch today.  A half hour comedy called Louie.  Definitely not for young ears.  I came across a movie called Wyvern on the SciFi channel.  A flying dragon eating people. I don't usually stop to watch but this one was kind of intriguing.  I also watched a taped moved called 'Return to Me' starring Minnie Driver and Bonnie Hunt.  I think it was directed and written by Bonnie. Good flick too!

Just looked over the Sunday TV lineup and as usual, found little to interest me. I'll probably tape Ax Men and Prime Suspect and watch Downton Abbey.  I've got a couple of letters to write now, and then I'll put on an audio book and get some more sewing done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment