My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Snow

The ground is covered with the white stuff but it seems to have stopped coming down--at least for now. Too much on the road to allow me to feel  at ease about driving so I guess I'll be staying in for a few days.  I baked a loaf of banana bread and threw a couple of chicken thighs in the crockpot with some veggies. Had a nice breakfast of pancakes and berries and then shoveled off the back porch with the snow shovel I bought at a yard sale last summer.  It's been snowing off and on but the porch is still clear so I guess it's mostly rain mix out there.

Spent a little time on the laptop (and cell phone) last night so Joe could help me figure out why my screen pictures were so "off."  I figured I must have accidently reset some resolution setting without knowing it.  He was so patient looking things up and having me click on this or that.  Finally, I discovered that you can't use a laptop with the screen set backwards.  It has to be straight up.  When it's not, the color is screwed up.  Who knew?! Little things like that are going to keep me studying for weeks to come, I'm afraid.

I tried to post a video yesterday but it didn't work for me. Think I'll try again here and see what happens




I started a new jigsaw puzzle a little while ago.  At least I got the pieces set out.  Also did some sewing. Think I'll settle into the recliner with a book now and await the Golden Globes.  I watched a Netflix movie last night called 'Kill the Irishman.'  Mafia flick.

And boring as it is, that's my day so far.  I wouldn't have posted at all but I need to practice on this computer until I feel I'm in control.  Now to sign off and then come back to see if the video worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment