My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Slow going

Got a new laptop this morning. I'm going to love it, I think.  Once I get more comfortable with the change. I have to go buy a special USB connection for my old keyboard if I opt to use it along with the laptop keyboard.  I didn't think I could get used to a new keyboard but perhaps I'll like this one fine. It's Dell w/Windows 7 and while I don't know all the other specs, Joe says it has everything I need to keep me happy.

Didn't take us long to pick out what I wanted. Once I decide to spend the money, I plow ahead and get it over with.  He spent close to four hours setting me up and teaching me little tricks.  Now we have to see how much I can retain.  Unfortunately, my printer and scanner are too old for this model so tomorrow I'll head back to Sequim and pick up what I need. I gave Jenni my old computer, printer, and scanner. She has a newer computer that she bought not too long ago but her printer hasn't been working and printer will work with my old computer. Plus it has Word on it which the kids can use for homework.

Joe also hooked up my Xmas present that he gave me--a ROKU machine that runs through my WiFi connection to the TV. It offers several free channels like Pandora Music, Amazon movies, Netflix, Disney, and others.  I'm not completely sure how it all works but I do know I'm going to have access to a ton of movies now and that makes me happy.
.
We tried to hook up my new gadget that enables me to move music on cassettes to my computer but I don't have the right kind of stereo.  I need to borrow one from somebody before I can do this. Does anybody have a stereo that has external jacks in the back?  I think they're red and white.  Well, I'm having problems maneuvering around so I think I'll cut this short and go practice some other steps I still need to learn.

I am going to post a picture, though, just to make sure I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment