My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Covered in threads

Spent a couple hours playing at the sewing machine and finishing up an audio book in the process.  Mainly just dinkin' around sewing little squares together but don't actually have a plan in mind of what I want to make.  My sewing area in the kitchen corner enables me to roll using my office chair from table to ironing board to sewing machine.  Makes for a nice trip but I do need to get up more frequently so I can get my legs under me again. Doesn't take any time at all these days if I dare sit too long for me to groan and moan about how my body doesn't want to move after sitting.

The kids (at least the daughters) headed into PT today for a belated Christmas with their dad. Sammy was dropped off here so he didn't have to stay home alone.  Joe is meeting me in Sequim tomorrow morning for breakfast and a browse around Costco to find me the computer of my dreams.

I plan on watching the Republican debate at 6 and working on a jigsaw puzzle at the same time. I haven't really decided who I'm voting for yet.  Definitely don't want Romney and while I can't say why, I just know I've never wanted him. Not enthused about Ron Paul either. I do like ole Newt, though.  At least he's interesting to listen to--a lot more than most of the others.

My grandson Hunter, who usually enjoys watching the news, can't understand why I insist on having politician shows running.  He especially thinks The O'Reilly Factor is boring beyond words.  And sometimes it is but it's entertaining to me a whole lot more than a lot of the TV fare we're offered.

I just noticed that CBS is going to start a new morning news show on Monday from 7 to 9.  That will give me one more place to channel hop to besides Good Morning America and Today.  I usually switch off in disgust once they give air time to yet another airhead.  CBS has hired Gayle King as one of the moderators and I've always enjoyed her a lot. 

My cousin, Marlee in Gig Harbor, sent me a bunch of pictures of her decorated house.  She's one of those people (like Linda Pedersen) who goes all out and puts a lot of work into the program.  Makes me tired just to think about it.  Here's Marlee's......










Well, off to the kitchen.  I made a turkey casserole with Chinese egg noodles yesterday so it's leftovers for me. Probably have it again tomorrow too.
The other night when I had insomnia I happened to turn on the tv and caught this part of Jimmy Kimmel's show. I thought it was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment