My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Light bulbs

Utility guy came this morning to give me energy efficient lightbulbs and two shower heads. He brought a little stepstool but you need a ladder to replace several bulbs in this house so I told him my son-in-law would help me later.  Sorry Wayne.  I'll bake you a pie.  Had I opted to let the power guy do the work, he would have been here for over an hour as I had 3 dozen bulbs. I had computer work to attend to so I was glad he agreed to let me do it on my own.

I spent so much time trying to figure out how to print an envelope for a birthday card I was sending that the mail lady came and went.  I just can't understand why my printer won't take my directions.  I printed an envelope the other day and it was easy.  This time, I had to change the size of the envelope and while I thought I was ever so clever figuring out how to do that, it wouldn't print in the right spot.  Over and over I tried but finally gave up in disgust.

Well, I'm fooling around and postponing my sewing project for the day so I'd best get up and get moving.  Mary Norton and I are hitting the movie house this weekend. I always get anxious to see the flicks once the Golden Globe and the Oscars start talking about nominations and wins.

Gonna have to try and catch a nap today as there are three things I want to watch tonight and they all start at 10 p.m. Lately, I haven't been able to stay awake that long but I'll have to since I only have two VCRs. I'll probably watch Justified and tape Southland and Storage Wars.

My cousin, Marlee, in Gig  Harbor sent me a picture of some pussy willows she took on her walk the other day. I've always loved pussy willows. Not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment