My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, January 23, 2012

My cassette thingie

Arlis:  Apparently, my stereo doesn't have "output" buttons on the back (only "input) so I have to hunt for another stereo to use.  Once I find one, I go from the outlet on the back of the stereo to the input on the gadget and the gadget attaches to my computer with a USB cord.  I play the music and use the program disk that came with the gadget to fix up the songs I want to save.  I kind of know what I have to do because I did this with all my vinyl records.  Just have to find a stereo to work with.

I finished a jigsaw puzzle today. It was only 500 pieces but they're still a challenge.  I sent for some AARP crossword puzzle books on Amazon and much to my delight, I discovered a $38 credit on my account. YAY!  I actually have a lot of crossword puzzles around here. Linda Pedersen gave me a really neat NY Times newspaper full of puzzles through the decades.  Some are too hard for me, though.

I got some quilt squares sewn together and might attempt to finish off a small quilt tomorrow.  We'll see.  I also bought some material to make a tulip wall hanging so I've got one project after another sitting in the wings.  I'll also finish an audio book tomorrow. I've really enjoyed this one. 'The Same Sweet Girls' by Cassandra King.  About six southern women friends since college.  Well written.

Took the kids to their separate basketball practices at 4 and 4:30 so now Sammy and I are sitting here waiting for Jen to come pick him up.  I've got dinner cooking in the oven.  Two pieces of chicken in a casserole dish covered with peas, broccoli, rice and cream of chicken soup.

Part of my dream last night took place in Laurel Grove Cemetery.  It wasn't a funeral, though. Had something to do with my sore foot.  I finally broke down and made another podiatrist appt for next week.  This dang foot has been bothering me since July and I think I've put off going back because he'll tell me nothing can be done.  How's that for a positive attitude?!  Could be he'll order those expensive orthotic inserts.  I'm hoping not but I realize I've got to at least try and get to the bottom of this. The longer I don't get out walking, the heavier I'm gonna become. Just getting in and out of the car to run errands is becoming difficult.  Whine whine....

The electric company guy is coming in the morning to give me new energy lightbulbs and check out my windows and shower nozzle.  Yesterday I learned how to print envelopes with my new printer. That was a huge accomplishment for me.  Below is a picture of a little gift Jenni received at work for her birthday.  I think it's for a tree or maybe the mirror in your car but she's going to display it in her office.

I posted on my Leader blog yesterday so if you get a chance, check that out at ptleader.com. Blog is called Town Kid and the latest piece was 'Storms of Life.'

Well, the house  is semelling pretty good so I guess I'll go check on supper.   Best wishes and good luck to Bill Koepke who is having heart surgery today  Probably already had it by now.  Get well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment